Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The I Discovered A Snack Thread

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The I Discovered A Snack Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 377 total)
  • Author

ohbr
    Participant

I’ve seen them in a snack size bag at multiple UDFs around campus. They don’t stand out so it would be easy to overlook the way they cram them on the shelves.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I have a sealed bag of Roulettes (Walgreens) with Boss Walker’s name on it. It’s been a big weekend for me, in terms of finding snacks-stuff: also finally landed Lebron’s Sprite Mix, which is a big deal in my household.

Ha! Awesome! Looking forward to exploding my head soon! :D

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

I have a sealed bag of Roulettes (Walgreens) with Boss Walker’s name on it. It’s been a big weekend for me, in terms of finding snacks-stuff: also finally landed Lebron’s Sprite Mix, which is a big deal in my household.

I noticed that Lebron’s Mix at some store the other week.

How would you describe the flavor?

I don’t drink regular soda, so I wasn’t about to try it. But, I am curious…

Sorta sophisticated for soda pop: you taste orange (like orange oil/not fakey Sunkist) first, then a cherry aftertaste.

patient_zero
    Participant

Grilled Steak and Onion potato chips from Meijer. Pretty salty, but they taste a lot like delicious grilled steak. Their Prime Rib and Horseradish taste nothing like Prime Rib and Horseradish though.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Sorry for the blurry photo, but this stuff is fantastic. Way to go Kroger.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

anyone see these around? I love trying weird new chips… they had me at reuben

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Sorry for the blurry photo, but this stuff is fantastic. Way to go Kroger.

I’ve been impressed by a lot of the Kroger & Giant Eagle in-house brands.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

anyone see these around? I love trying weird new chips… they had me at reuben

I grabbed a quick dinner at Subway tonight, and they had the individual bags of all of the flavors there. It was the Subway in West Jefferson, but if that one had them, I would guess that many/most of the other locations would, too.

I’ve had the Reuben and the Biscuits & Gravy (but from an out-of-town grocery). Honestly, I didn’t love either version. The Reuben tasted like sauerkraut and BBQ sauce, and the other version had a peppery-sausage accent.

For me, salt is the most appealing part of chips, so the other flavors just got in the way of the salt.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Walker’s Wood Jamaican Jerk Seasoning:

The first taste is spice and salt, then the pepper kicks in for a long slow burn. The texture is a spreadable paste. The label tells you to use it sparingly.

Scallions, scotch bonnet peppers, salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg, citric acid, cane sugar, thyme. A 2-tsp serving is 23% of daily sodium (tastes like it would be much more than that).

News
    Participant

BUSINESS SEP 17 2015, 3:50 PM ET
    Doritos Unveils Rainbow-Colored Chips to Support LGBT Community
    by ASSOCIATED PRESS

Doritos unveiled bags of rainbow-colored corn chips on Thursday in support of the It Gets Better Project, an organization started to encourage gay and lesbian teenagers who’ve been bullied.

Bags of “Doritos Rainbows,” inspired by the LGBT pride flag, will be mailed to people who donate at least $10 to the organization through a special website.

READ MORE: http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/rainbow-doritos-n429296

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I was gifted a bag of these last week. I bet you can find them at a World Market or somewhere like that. I’m not much of a sweets person but wow these were good with coffee

Stroopwafel

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I’ve been buying Thomas’ muffins in the Apple Pie and Pumpkin Spice seasonal flavors.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

These are flying off the shelves. SOOO good

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 377 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: