Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The I Discovered A Snack Thread

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The I Discovered A Snack Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 377 total)
  • Author

Talcott

Walker wrote >>
    A box of dinosaur cereal in every thread from here on out! ;)

I approve of this plan!

Twixlen wrote >>
    Dinosaurs = Talcott Bait

That’s very, very true.

cbus11

I know the anbiance of Dirty Frank’s is hard to beat, but as far as a quick dog on the go these are pretty good. I was very surprised by the quality. Well, quality as far as hotdogs go. The poppy seed bun is the best choice on all varieties. They go great with tots.

DonnaTate

I’m not typically one to like *healthy* food, but Kashi makes a really good pumpkin spice flax granola bar.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Just picked up True North Pistachio Crisps on clearance at Target for .74! Wish I had bought them all! These are good!
    http://www.epinions.com/review/True_North_Pistachio_Crisps_epi/content_457500233348

shmack

I’m obsessed with these even though I’m not a big fan of regular pretzels. So crunchy!

AmyJ
    Participant

If you like those, you need to try these:

shmack

oh yeah? i’ll get on it! if TJ’s does these up like the peppermint joe joe’s, i’m gonna be in a lot of trouble this holiday season.

edit: i was thinking something exactly like this!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

bought some of this the other day and thought it was delicious. Definitely went through a whole bag of baby carrots and broccoli!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

DavidF
    Participant

Walker said:
    http://www.quakeroats.com/products/rice-snacks/quakes/vanilla-creme-brulee.aspx

Tasty and great for packing boxes before shipping!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I pop into the Jaffa market from time to time and I keep finding new things from their oven. The most recent item, still warm, was round breads with oil and roasted herbs (za’atar?) and sesame. They were a bit oily and the herbs crumble off but that toasted-sesame and herb lining would make a great gyro base.

Before that, it was round breads with coarse-grated cheese toasted on top. Meh. They were OK but the cheese didn’t add much to the bread.

Oh BTW last time I was there I had to wait for service while the baker prayed behind the counter.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

DavidF said:
    Tasty and great for packing boxes before shipping!

Ha! They do seem to have a similar consistency to styrofoam…

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Hard boiled egg + Taco Bell mild hot sauce packet.

Laugh if you will, delicious.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Recently the Tensuke market had a big sale, and I tried some of this sushi seasoning:

It’s marked as sushi seasoning and it has more corn syrup than vinegar, but the first flavor is intense vinegar with salty sweetness behind it. The serving size is one tablespoon, and that’s 27% of your daily sodium. It could be a hell of a secret ingredient in a dressing or marinade.

http://www.asiansupermarket365.com/Mizkan-Sushi-Seasoning-p/hmsseaj.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 377 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: