Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hills Market Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping The Hills Market Downtown

This topic contains 147 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  News 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Author

RhondaH

Not that Tom said:
    Wait, so it’s 20% off every Monday with that bag? I thought it was just 20% off for the day that you buy the bag?

For now it is every Monday – 20% off what you can fit in a Hill’s reusable bag (excludes lottery, tobacco, alcohol and gift cards).

It’s 20% off every Monday (with any Hills Market reusable bag), as well as the day you purchase a Hills Market Forager Bag from Civitas Now. The discount applies to both The Hills Market Downtown and The Hills Market Worthington for the foreseeable future.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

For those of you looking for local coffee, Hill’s Downtown has got a great selection of bagged beans/grounds for sale. Crimson Cup, Actual Brewing, Backroom Roasters, Hemisphere, Silver Bridge and more!

Just picked up some Actual and Hemisphere there yesterday to add into the rotation at the office. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Tried out the delivery service yesterday, just didn’t have time to get it done in person.

Ordering online was super easy and the selection seemed pretty complete. A lot of what I buy are the chef’s stuff (meatloaf, bourbon BBQ chicken, tenderloin, green bean saute, etc.) and it was all there.

Delivery for over 100 bucks is free (still tip) which is fantastic, and its same day.

Will definitely do it again when I can’t make it in easily.

susank

Good to know they are still doing that. I had it delivered a long time ago when I was helping a sick family friend. They also had some special pricing on the first order.

I am an old fashioned girl at heart though and browsing at the grocery is what it is all about.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

susank said:
    Good to know they are still doing that. I had it delivered a long time ago when I was helping a sick family friend. They also had some special pricing on the first order.

I am an old fashioned girl at heart though and browsing at the grocery is what it is all about.

They give you a 10.00 gift deposit for your account when you register, which is nice.

Not browsing the aisle resulted in considerably less Jeni’s…

News
    Participant

Little Eater Products Popping Up at Local Grocers
    Published on July 5, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Walker

You may have already spotted Cara Mangini setting up shop in the dining area at the Downtown Hills Market, as her Little Eater business continues to take off. Her pop-up concept (known as Little Eatery) showcases the company’s line of healthy prepared foods that are now sold at five grocery store locations, including The Greener Grocery and Clintonville Community Market.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/little-eater-products-popping-up-at-local-grocers

News
    Participant

Best Grocery Store of 2013: The Hills Market
    Published on December 17, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Walker

The Hills Market doubled their footprint in March 2013 when they opened their Downtown location to compliment their foodie favorite grocery locale off 315 in Worthington. The new 12,000 urban store features fresh produce, prepared foods, local bakery items and plenty of other convenience goodies for Downtown dwellers and visitors. The store has also been host to a plethora of fun events this year, ranging from weekend pop-up brunches to evening Downtown Luaus.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/best-grocery-store-of-2013-the-hills-market-bo2013

Geno99
    Participant

I haven’t been over to Hills downtown as much since the weather got cold, I hope they’re keeping busy, I look forward to returning more regularly in the spring. The CoGo bikes will make it even easier to get over there next year.

News
    Participant

The Hills Market Downtown Celebrates First Year with Store Updates
    April 11, 2014 9:00 am – Ayana Wilson

When The Hills Market opened a Downtown branch last March, it was met with enthusiasm and gratefulness from a community desperate for more dining and shopping options. Since then, The Hills Market has become so much more than a grocery; it’s now the spot in the Discovery District to eat, meet, and be seen.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/catch-up-with-the-hills-market-downtown-aw1

Achekov
    Participant

I’m just glad that they survived the winter. It was so awful the last few months that I never made it over there. I’m already planning a trip this afternoon if it stays dry.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think the harsh winter hurt lots of businesses all over the city. When it’s less than 20 degrees, most people stop going outside if they don’t absolutely have to. :(

That being said, we absolutely love the Downtown Hills. Super convenient for our quick runs and great for quick meals-to-go on our way home or to work or to anywhere else really. ;)

News
    Participant

Treat to Try: The Hills Scoop Shop
    May 17, 2014 8:00 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Just in time for the summer eating season, The Hills Market Downtown has opened up a little in-house ice cream parlor.

Right next to the baked goods, guests will find a tidy corner deep freeze that hosts eight flavors of Johnson’s Ice Cream. There’s a decent range in those eight flavors; traditionalists can get some mint chip or a triple bean vanilla. Edgier ice cream eaters might try out a feature from the Columbus Collection: Salty Caramel Chocolate Pretzel.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/treat-to-try-the-hills-scoop-shop-ma1

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Celebrate The New Year in Three Ways with CU!

Get your tickets online before these events sell out!