Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Great GMAIL Outage of 2014

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Great GMAIL Outage of 2014

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It’s only been down a few minutes, but it sounds like the world just ground to a halt.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

And…. it’s back up! ;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

that was a close one

zp945
    Participant

Mine let’s me log in but no sending or receiving mail. This is catastrophic!!! :)

geoyui
    Participant

Gmail Glitch Is Causing Thousands Of Emails To Be Sent To One Man’s Hotmail Account[/url]

David S. Peck is getting a lot of emails. In a glitch apparently related to the massive Gmail outage underway right now, there’s an odd bug in Google search which is pointing users directly to his personal email address. The address appears in a “Compose” window that pops up when the top search result for Gmail is clicked. Yes, it’s bizarre. Very, very bizarre.

“I’ve been getting thousands of no-subject, blank emails,” he says. “500 of them come every hour, I can’t stop them.”

Rockmastermike
    Participant

the IMAP server never seemed to be effected. Was this just the webmail service?

rus
    rus
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    the IMAP server never seemed to be effected. Was this just the webmail service?

*knocks on wood*

Haven’t seen it myself, either.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: