Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

600 Goodale - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 600 Goodale – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)
  • Author

SSBucks
    Participant

A buddy of mine moved in there a few weeks back. I went over to check it out and basically…

1. There are residents moved in but there is still a ton of construction to do. Basically the 2nd floor and part of the 3rd are in and they’re gradually moving tenants in until October. He says the hammering starts around 7am every morning.

2. The pool/courtyard area is really nice. They actually have field turf instead of grass which I thought was interesting (same stuff as on a football field). There’s a grill and fire pit but neither are complete yet and the fitness center is also not built yet (my buddy said they’re giving him free membership to LA Fitness in grandview until it’s done).

3. Apartments themselves seem pretty nice, however it seems like they were really rushing to get stuff done before people moved in. A lot of open fixtures and sloppy painting. Apparently there have been some issues with water leaks as well.

Overall, they look pretty nice. It’ll be interesting to see what the finished product looks like.

surber17
    Participant

I think you’re going to get that for the first few months. As long as the developer is committed to fixing issues asap, I’m ok with finding a problem here or there.

SSBucks
    Participant

Really I think the biggest draw to this place is location, particularly if you’re on the younger side. Grandview, Downtown, and Campus areas are all pretty close. Easy access to both 315 and 670 so you can get anywhere in the city quickly. We walked from there to Park St one night…only about 10-15 minutes. Similar walk to Huntington Park and Nationwide Arena.

AlexP
    Participant

Does anyone here live at 600 Goodale that may be able to offer an opinion on their experience thus far? There isn’t much out there in the way of reviews since this is so new.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’ve noticed as some people have moved in that the hodge podge of different cheap patio chairs and coolers is sure unattractive as can be. Build a nice new building and then let the tenants muck it up with gross plastic patio chairs, blah. There should be rules about that kind of thing.

RedStorm
    Participant

Snarf said:
    I’ve noticed as some people have moved in that the hodge podge of different cheap patio chairs and coolers is sure unattractive as can be. Build a nice new building and then let the tenants muck it up with gross plastic patio chairs, blah. There should be rules about that kind of thing.

Not sure if serious or trolling…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Seriously…unveil a brand new building and litter it up with a bunch of shitty looking mismatched patio furniture and coolers, etc. For shame.

RedStorm
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Seriously…unveil a brand new building and litter it up with a bunch of shitty looking mismatched patio furniture and coolers, etc. For shame.

My point was you can’t control that in rent leases…”As a resident, all tacky lawn chairs are prohibited.” No, it’s ridiculous.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

RedStorm said:
    My point was you can’t control that in rent leases…”As a resident, all tacky lawn chairs are prohibited.” No, it’s ridiculous.

Like banning couches from porches on campus.

wpcc88
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Like banning couches from porches on campus.

that is a city ban moron.. so you’re basically just trolling because you really can’t complain unless you live there

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

wpcc88 said:
    that is a city ban moron.. so you’re basically just trolling because you really can’t complain unless you live there

Whoa there “Mr. I get to decide what people complain about” and shit head – you apologize right now.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Enough bickering and insults, everyone.

RedStorm said:

Why is that ridiculous? Ever hear of a HOA?

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

That escalated quickly.

RedStorm
    Participant

I_am_Father_McKenzie said:
    Why is that ridiculous? Ever hear of a HOA?

Because they’re renters, not homeowners.

I’m not disagreeing with the sentiment that it looks tacky, but there’s no way to regulate it.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: