Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Ghosts of Columbus Past

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Ghosts of Columbus Past

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 810 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #318278

    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

    Walker, you and your construction pics, this was August 2002

    #318279
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Nice! I love that! I really wish there were more I-670 / SN Cap photos out there like that one, but 2002 was just prior to everyone having a high res camera attached to every mobile device. ;)

    #318280

    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

    That was my first digital, a simple little Fuji FinePix.

    February 2003

    #318281

    GCrites80s
    Participant

    Walker said:
    Nice! I love that! I really wish there were more I-670 / SN Cap photos out there like that one, but 2002 was just prior to everyone having a high res camera attached to every mobile device. ;)

    I bet half of us didn’t even have a cell phone at all back then. I didn’t.

    #318282
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    GCrites80s said:
    I bet half of us didn’t even have a cell phone at all back then. I didn’t.

    Yeah, I opted out of having a cell phone until maybe 2004-ish.

    Though I did have a digital camera pretty early on. I think my first was a 1.2 megapixel. ;)

    #318283

    RhondaH
    Member

    Walker said:

    Though I did have a digital camera pretty early on. I think my first was a 1.2 megapixel. ;)

    My Dad used to have an ancient Sony .3 megapixel camera that took pictures on floppy disks (remember those?). I will have to ask him if he has some old digital pictures of Columbus.

    #318284
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

    I bought my first cell phone in City Center around 1999.

    it looked like this

    I got it at some shop that was by that statue of the kid falling in the water

    #318285

    GCrites80s
    Participant

    LOL, I wonder if somebody saved that statue.

    Or if there’s anybody who grows that flower (Bird of Paradise?) that was like the mall’s mascot in remembrance of the mall.

    #318286

    heresthecasey
    Participant

    vestanpance said:
    I got it at some shop that was by that statue of the kid falling in the water

    I wish Cap South would have saved those statues and installed them somewhere in Columbus Commons.

    Would have been a nice homage to the history of the site. I wonder where they ended up

    #318287

    cbus11
    Member

    RhondaH said:
    My Dad used to have an ancient Sony .3 megapixel camera that took pictures on floppy disks (remember those?).

    Throwing the word ‘ancient’ in there makes me feel old. I remember using that camera for work.

    heresthecasey said:
    I wish Cap South would have saved those statues and installed them somewhere in Columbus Commons.

    Would have been a nice homage to the history of the site. I wonder where they ended up

    They were appraised at $185k (wow) and sold at auction:

    City Center: The Demise of Excess

    #318288
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

    ok so the real question is… who bought them, and where are they now.

    #318289

    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

    Walker, there’s this ghosts thread, and there are some construction threads – what about something like Columbus Ephemera, with shots of one-time events and situations?

    #318290

    heresthecasey
    Participant

    Some great old photos here, http://www.trolleybuses.net/cmh/cmh.htm.

    #318291

    billbix
    Member

    Seems they frown on hotlinking photos:

    http://www.trolleybuses.net/cmh/cmh.htm

    #318292

    Pablo
    Participant

    High St. looking north from the Nationwide tower – taken from the exterior elevator in 1986. The old North Market quonset hut is still there.

    HighSt

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 810 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE