Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Ghosts of Columbus Past

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Ghosts of Columbus Past

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 810 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

I’m not from Columbus, but I remember coming down here with my mom and grandma when I was young and going to a completely awesome toy store. I think it might have been near the Continent?

KSquared

joev wrote >>
    I’m not from Columbus, but I remember coming down here with my mom and grandma when I was young and going to a completely awesome toy store. I think it might have been near the Continent?

Children’s Palace?

kit444
    Participant

joev wrote >>

I remember that store. Small shop with a couple of floors and a lot of unique toys? I don’t remember the name of it.

joev
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>

joev wrote >>

Children’s Palace?

No, I’m pretty sure that was a chain that we had in NE Ohio too. This was different.

kit444 wrote >>

joev wrote >>

I remember that store. Small shop with a couple of floors and a lot of unique toys? I don’t remember the name of it.

I’m not sure what you are talking about, but this conversation reminded me of the ‘Big Fun’ toy store that used to be here. There is still one up in Coventry (Cleveland). That place rocks.

KSquared

Kit444’s entire list.

*The Centrum skating rink.
    *The neighborhood swimming pool – mine was Cabana West and it had a high dive and a giant slide. Insurance companies don’t like those these days. Best french fries ever.
    *The talking tree at Lazarus during Christmas.
    *My favorite arcade at Westland Mall was Aladdin’s Castle. I was the Tempest queen.
    *The bread, and everything else, at Tapatio

Cookie

Pane Bakery

eli_whitney

1. People exercise-walking in the old Lane Avenue shopping center in winter mornings
    2. Worthington Scottie McBean
    3. Chipotle giving free drinks to students (not all that long ago, haha)
    4. The Chill
    5. The Purple Onion (I think this is what it was called–somewhere down in SN? Always used to go for breakfast with my parents…)

chaptal
    Participant

spookygoddess78 wrote >>

kit444 wrote >>

joev wrote >>

I’m not sure what you are talking about, but this conversation reminded me of the ‘Big Fun’ toy store that used to be here. There is still one up in Coventry (Cleveland). That place rocks.

Big Fun, oh yes that place was, well, big fun!

Ah Pane Bakery, one of my old managers at the bookstore ran it.

roberta.phi

joev wrote >>

It was the Toy Box! You passed it as you headed toward the French Market. I love that place!

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

The French Market(and the whole Continent)
    The Garage
    The Jai Lai
    Olentagy Inn
    The City Center
    Ohoh yes Ksquared- Tapatio!!
    Little Bros goes without saying :(

KSquared

Clearly I was disadvantaged and robbed of a great toy store! How did I not know about this Big Fun or Toy Box :(

roberta.phi

joev wrote >>

It was the Toy Box! You passed it as you headed toward the French Market. I love that place!

joev
    Participant

roberta.phi wrote >>

joev wrote >>

That was it! Where was that in terms of today’s geography?

eli_whitney

People walking for exercise in the old Lane Avenue Shopping Center on winter mornings

The Purple Onion

(sorry for the double-post… first time posting to CU!)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 810 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS