Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Ghosts of Columbus Past

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Ghosts of Columbus Past

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 810 total)
  • Author

michaelcoyote
    Participant

cc wrote >>
    original Jai Lai
    http://gallery.pictopia.com/columbusdispatch/gallery/72024/photo/8401166/?o=28

Evidently the old JaiLai bar resided for a time at Little Brother’s, and now lives on at Alana’s

tzt

Re: The Jai Lai bar.

It did and it does! (A good chunk of it anyway – the original was so massive they couldn’t even fit all of it in LB’s).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Apple Skate park on Sinclair, across the street from Alrosa Villa

michaelcoyote
    Participant

tzt wrote >>
    Re: The Jai Lai bar.
    It did and it does! (A good chunk of it anyway – the original was so massive they couldn’t even fit all of it in LB’s).

Hah, it’s even shorter now :-p

I wonder where the rest of it is.. If it was me, I’d stick a section on casters and set it up in my house as a rolling bar.

J_Columbus

The Christopher Inn

The Top of the Center

One Nation

Bucks Hambergers

DavidRyan614

CHICKEN MAN …I think he got hit by a bus?
    and
    WILD BILL
    I remember Wild Bill showed up at a friends wedding reception we had at some local bar/restaurant and he was dancing up a storm…we had a blast with that old dude!

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

It’s funny – I don’t think anyone has mentioned Mecca in this thread. I never went there myself but for awhile it seemed like it was all anyone was talking about.

Core_Models

jmak wrote >>
    It’s funny – I don’t think anyone has mentioned Mecca in this thread. I never went there myself but for awhile it seemed like it was all anyone was talking about.

That’s a really good call actually, I just don’t think of it as that long ago I guess. I was there pretty much a couple times a week first year it was open.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Being fluent in Sohio speak: Boron, Octron, and Cetron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Oil_of_Ohio

DavidRyan614

At the corner Corner of Nelson and Broad is a original Sinclair Gas station building that is for sale…buy it now!
    My neighbor owns it and even has a old Sinclair Dinosaur he got from a dying antique store.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

On Greenlawn, near the Falter Packing Company, there’s the shell of a Phillips 66 gas station.

In the 70s and 80s, gas stations were built with plastic landscape shrubs. The stations would close and get torn down, and all that would remain was a perimiter of plastic shrubs.

kcrissinger

Don’s Hamburgers on Sullivant Avenue.

J_Columbus

Was it Don’s Hamburgers? Onion-pickle-special blend of mustard is all they sold? Yummy …

Since everyone is remembering gas stations … how about memories of:
    1) not being embarrassed to only get $1 worth of gas?
    2) full service gas complete with checking your oil and washing your windows?

agtw31

they still do the full service at the BP on Fishinger Rd.

kcrissinger

J_Columbus wrote >>
    Was it Don’s Hamburgers? Onion-pickle-special blend of mustard is all they sold? Yummy …
    Since everyone is remembering gas stations … how about memories of:
    1) not being embarrassed to only get $1 worth of gas?
    2) full service gas complete with checking your oil and washing your windows?

Yes, that was Don’s. It reopened for a few years in the early 2000’s, but closed again about two years ago when the owner got too ill to work. They were awesome!

I also remember the old gas station stuff. There is much to miss about them.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 810 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: