Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author

tracy studer

Thank you Nick.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Was at Schiller yesterday, was talking to a friend about this, total stranger says “wait, Ricky Barnes has a restaurant here again?!?”

Turns out, he’s run into him in Taos and other places, and TOTALLY fired up for this (as am I).

Every time I walk out my front door and see those green awnings I’m tempted to walk down and see the progress, but I promise you, I will spend money here…and if there’s a C/U meetup here, I really can’t NOT go.

patient_zero
    Participant

ThisWeek Community Newspapers
    Sep 23, 2011
    by Gary Seman

Explorers Club will replace Coyote Jane’s in Merion Village.

Tracy Studer, of the former Galaxy and Lost Planet restaurants, will open the restaurant at 1586 S. High St. A mid-October opening is planned.

The menu will feature Southwestern, Tex-Mex and Cuban influences, as well as a full slew of vegetarian dishes, such as tofu fries. The restaurant will use as much local produce as possible, Studer said.

As the name suggests, customers will be encouraged to explore different cuisines, beers and wines, he said.

The walls will be decorated with caricatures and drawings of pioneers and explorers of different genres, said Studer, the food and beverage manager at the Golf Club of Dublin, where he will remain as wedding coordinator.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/2011/09/23/global-cuisines-inspire-new-restaurant-near-grandview-heights.html

tracy studer

Well the wait is over. Tracy Studer & Ricky Barnes are back with all your old favorite dishes and many new ones from the Galaxy years. Now being served at 1586 S. High Street. We will be open only for brunch Saturday October 22nd and Sunday October 23rd from 9:00am – 2:00pm. We will be serving Diner only on October 28th from 5:00pm – 9:00pm and late night menu from 9:00pm – 11:00pm and finally starting Saturday October 29th on will be open regular hours.

Monday-Friday
    11:00am – 3:00pm Lunch
    5:00pm – 9:00pm Dinner
    Saturday
    9:00am – 2:00pm Brunch
    5:00pm – 9:00pm Dinner
    Sunday
    9:00am – 2:00pm Brunch

Bar Hours
    Monday – Saturday
    11:00am – 11:00pm
    Bar Food Menu available
    3:00pm – 5:00pm and 9:00pm – 11:00pm
    Hope to see you all Soon

thanks

stinkybomb
    Participant

We drove past EC on our way home tonight and it looked busy! Can’t wait to give it a try.

cbus11

Have some fond memories of the old galaxy…no question – will have to be there for them now. I have no doubt the kickass menu will sell itself very soon.

tourist19
    Participant

Just had an awesome breakfast at the Explorers Club, Chile Relleno Omelet. GO! Go now. The food is great and the service was wonderful. Thanks Ricky and Tracy for coming to the Southside :-)

SusanB
    Participant

I had the huevos rancheros and they were excellent. Go, go now and have brunch. The coffee is good too.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I am typing this while eating huevos rancheros and the chile things with chorizo and cuban toast in my house, which I got “to go”.

It is ridiculously good.

These are also like the nicest people ever.

Go eat there now.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Time to head over and compare what is similar with the Starliner Diner, which is a good thing!

(Galaxy and Starliner named after old FORD automobiles)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Explorer?
    I sense a theme.

Next in line;
    Prefect.

placebohigh
    Participant

Checked it out today and it’s true, the food is really great. Tried the cuban omelet which was a ton of food. The service is leaps and bounds better than Coyote Jane’s too.

Bob Leighty
    Bob Leighty
    Participant

Dee and I have dined twice here in the last few days… both dinner and brunch. Great menu, tasty food, friendly and quick service. Explorers Club is a wonderful, wonderful addition to our neighborhood.

futureman
    Participant

Galaxy Cafe vets open Explorers Club in Merion Village
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter – Business First

The Explorers Club is more than a new restaurant — it’s a reunion for two one-time restaurant partners.

Tracy Studer and Ricky Barnes once teamed up for three restaurants in the 1990s and early 2000s, most notably the Galaxy Cafe in Powell and two offshoots in Grandview Heights and the Short North.

“We split in 2002, went our separate ways,” Studer said. “We lost touch with each other.”

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2011/10/galaxy-cafe-vets-open-explorers-club.html

Twixlen
    Participant

I ate here this past weekend – I had the chilequiles, with side of half red-skin potatoes and half black beans. It was excellent – the food, the service, the vibe of the place. I understand they got their liquor license sorted & will be serving booze every day but Sunday (oh, silly Ohio).

I didn’t love the tall-tall booths – my legs are long enough to reach the heel-hook bar, and was fairly comfortable, but my dining companion found it not comfortable at all. It’s such a small space & those booths are so big – imposing, even. I’m not sure it’s the best use of the space. The bar looked great though.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE