Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dick's Last Resort - Former Frog, Bear & Wild Boar Closes / 343 Front Street

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Dick's Last Resort – Former Frog, Bear & Wild Boar Closes / 343 Front Street

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

dashinhilliard
    Participant

Per the website they are gone. Per Yelp – another place under new ownership is coming soon….anyone else have details?

http://www.frogbearbar.com/

RandomVisitor
    Participant

I don’t have any real knowledge of what will happen but the gossip that I heard is that the group that runs Boston Gourmet Pizza will run the Frog Bear.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I played phone tag with a contact at NRI on the details. She said Frog Bear closed on Sunday and something else is already lined up, but didn’t get back with her today to find out what exactly it is. Should know the rest of the details tomorrow and will report back. ;)

alison

Never could stand that place. Meat market extrodinaire.

Wonderful location for pre-hockey gaming, but as a middle-aged woman I could set myself on fire and still not get anyone to take my drink order.

Tenzo
    Participant

I never did understand the fasination with eating and drinking in a loading dock

tolemac5050
    Participant

Went to Frog Bear once, enough said!

K+M

They’ll be hosting the M3S Sports Dead Celebrity run. I just got this email:
    “Greetings!

We are less than three weeks away from THE Halloween Party Race in Columbus. The Dead Celebrity 3 Miler is the night time costume race you have heard about. Join us on Friday night, October 29th at 8pm at the NEW 343 Front Street Tavern & Sports Bar.

Every runner gets a finisher’s medal, technical race shirt, one free beer from Michelob Ultra, free food by 343 Front Street Tavern and Sports Bar and a post race Halloween party with live music presented by Michelob Ultra and 343 Front Street. 343 Front Street Tavern & Sports Bar is located in the space formerly occupied by Frog, Bear & Wild Boar Bar”.

cc

gotta love the interchangeability of ‘McBars’….
    they spun the wheel and this time ‘dueling pianos’ did not come up ;)

http://www.arenadistrict.com/where-to-eat/343-front/

343 Front Street Tavern & Sports Bar is a great place to meet, eat and play! 343 Front appeals to sports enthusiasts and offers live entertainment, party rooms, full lunch and happy hour menu.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Well there you go! ;)

enigmaco
    Participant

Wonder if history will repeat itself and be the same as frog bear.

mt448

and where oh where will DJ Holla go? ahhh, good times!! ha ha

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

the logo is pretty nice IMO

Tenzo
    Participant

nice font

tolemac5050
    Participant

Same owners different concept??

Core_Models

1. Hated this place.

2. Always sad to see a business close around the area anyways.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE