Our City Online

Messageboard - CU Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The FINAL Columbus Underground Happy Hour - Nov 7 at The Crest

Home Forums Events CU Events The FINAL Columbus Underground Happy Hour – Nov 7 at The Crest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

In November of 2006, we threw our 5th Anniversary Party at The Surly Girl Saloon. It was so much fun that we decided to start getting together for happy hour every month. It’s been a great ride, and we’ve had many great events (85 by my count!) in great venues (thanks to everyone who hosted!) but the time has come to shake things up and do something new in 2014.

Which means that our November 2013 Happy Hour is the final in the series!

Join us on Thursday, November 7th at The Crest Gastropub from 6pm to 9pm for food, drinks, entertainment and a walk down memory lane as we recollect some of our favorite happy hour events along the way.

The Crest will be featuring 1/2 off all taps, 25% off all bottled beers, 25% off all cocktails and 1/2 off appetizers.

DJ Charles Erickson will be providing the tunes.

Come one, come all and bring a friend and help us send off this event series with a grand final hurrah!

RedStorm
    Participant

Dang it, I haven’t been able to make any of them yet…and 11/7 is a fairly big hockey game down at NWA so I’ll be in the A.D. by 6. Shoot.

Graybeak
    Participant

That’s my birthday. yay.

rory
    Participant

Walker said:

but the time has come to shake things up and do something new in 2014.

2014 – the party is at Walker’s house. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

RedStorm said:
    Dang it, I haven’t been able to make any of them yet…and 11/7 is a fairly big hockey game down at NWA so I’ll be in the A.D. by 6. Shoot.

Well, perhaps we’ll see you at something new in 2014. ;)

Graybeak said:
    That’s my birthday. yay.

I’ll buy you a birthday drink if you stop by! ;) (preferably one made with birthday cake vodka)

rory said:
    2014 – the party is at Walker’s house. ;)

Ha! Not sure that would go over too well. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’ll be there!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m in.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

For something of this magnitude, I’m in.

For sure.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    That’s my birthday. yay.

Happy (early) Birthday!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    For something of this magnitude, I’m in.

For sure.

Hi Walker, please rename this event “The FINAL Time Coremodels Lies About Attending a Columbus Underground Happy Hour.”

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

JimL2 said:
    Hi Walker, please rename this event “The FINAL Time Coremodels Lies About Attending a Columbus Underground Happy Hour.”

Ha! I really will be at this one, pinky swear or something.

roy
    Participant

I heard JimL2 posted on this thread.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coremodels said:
    Ha! I really will be at this one, pinky swear or something.

Gonna hold you to it! ;)

BCNation
    Participant

Walker said:

In November of 2006, we threw our 5th Anniversary Party at The Surly Girl Saloon. It was so much fun that we decided to start getting together for happy hour every month. It’s been a great ride, and we’ve had many great events (85 by my count!) in great venues (thanks to everyone who hosted!) but the time has come to shake things up and do something new in 2014.

Which means that our November 2013 Happy Hour is the final in the series! […]

Come one, come all and bring a friend and help us send off this event series with a grand final hurrah!

It’s not like you and Anne are planning a “Breakfast with Columbus Underground.com” series, lol…

I am probably going to miss the grand finale, because I have a meeting at the same night/time. :(

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

BCNation said:
    It’s not like you and Anne are planning a “Breakfast with Columbus Underground.com” series, lol…

Well, we did use to get together regularly at the Warehouse Cafe for Breakfast, but that was more of a Roland-Craig-Underground meetup. ;)

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/breakfast-at-the-warehouse-cafe-sat-10-00-am

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

The forum ‘CU Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION