Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Daily Growler

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Daily Growler

This topic contains 110 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is now available. WOOT!

I thought the same but I think I’ve had my fill for the season. and what a large fill it’s been

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Just saw that they have Maumee Bay Breakfast Stout. Good, GOOOOOOOD stuff.

Matt Boyd
    Participant

osulew said:
    Just saw that they have Maumee Bay Breakfast Stout. Good, GOOOOOOOD stuff.

I was about to post the exact same thing. That is my buddies recipe….great beer right there.

thirstychef
    Participant

Stopped by yesterday, good overall beer selection. Service was solid, with staff being well informed.

Not much of a Belgian selection yesterday.

I understand that it is a growler filling station, but the atmosphere was lacking. Maybe just a little more music than employee’s ipod……..

Great Happy Hour!

duncanfj
    Participant

My wife bought me a starter kit and gift card for my birthday. Last night we went in to get a growler for myself and for her (we were celebrating her birthday). I knew going in that they focus on filling their growlers, so I took in the one I bought from there and one from Barley’s. I have a number of growlers from a number of businesses. I was informed they only fill their growlers. The reason I was given is that they supply us with a sanitized one. That’s not really a selling point for me. I know how to sanitize glassware. Even if I didn’t, it would be my fault if I got sick off poorly cleaned glassware. I was willing to give them money for beer. Including a growler I had bought from them. No go. So, as we were celebrating my wife’s birthday, I let her pick the solitary growler of beer we were able to purchase. We tried three beers. As the third sample was pulled, we were getting a great deal of attitude from the guy behind the counter. I’m sorry, but if three ounces is going to affect your bottom line, choose fewer beers to sell. It was a thoroughly unpleasant experience. After I use up the gift card, I will not return. With Savor Growl opening soon and so many other places filling growlers now, I will be more than happy to fill a Daily growler at another business.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

2 year Anniversary Celebration/Christmas Beer Party

DETAILS: https://www.facebook.com/events/1512649219012800/

It’s hard to believe 2 years The Daily Growler didn’t exist (and Columbus didn’t have any growler shops). It has been a fantastic first 2 years for us so we’re celebrating the only way we know how, with great beer at great prices!

This Christmas themed party will feature an hourly tappings/drink deals (that last an hour) and at least 8 Christmas beers on tap and many other rare/notable drinkables. Happy Hour still 3pm – 7pm.

Hourly List:

3pm – CBC Bodhi $3 pints
    4pm – Great Lakes Blackout Stout $4 pints
    5pm – 3 Floyd’s Alpha Clause $5 pints
    6pm – Founders Backwood’s Bastard $6 pints
    7pm – Jackie O’s Barrel Aged Brick Kiln Barleywine $7 pints
    8pm – Thirsty Dog Barrel Aged 12 Dogs of X-mas $8 pints
    9pm – Bell’s Oracle Double IPA $5 pints
    10pm – Land-Grant Beard Crumbs Oatmeal Raisin $3 pints

$1 off all Christmas Growlers (after 7pm)
    $2 off all Christmas Pints (after 7pm)
    $3 off all Christmas Flights (after 7pm)

Food provided by: Gallos Kitchen
    Growler Cookies by: Mrs. Goodman’s
    Growler tag wall decoration by: Emma

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

subscribe_email Get Columbus News Updates in Your Inbox!

Stay in the know! Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest news: