Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Daily Growler

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Daily Growler

This topic contains 110 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

groundrules said:
    not fancy enough for ya? maybe call ’em up and see if they’ll let you BYOB. They probably have nothing that pairs well with pigs ass.

Nice.

Patch
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    “We came for beer.”

This makes me so happy.

tourist19
    Participant

I am THRILLED at the 5oz pours. This enables me to taste more things (yay) and also drink heavier things like porters. I’m rarely going to drink an entire pint of porter, but a nice 5oz glass is just the perfect nightcap sometimes.

Also, I am up in Akron and currently enjoying a growler of Brew Kettle Winter Warmer from Acme (they got growlers in the grocery store!) and it might replace Goose Island Mild Winter Ale as my favorite beer, so I am super happy to see it here.

InnerCore
    Participant

Stopped in last night with some friends. Selection was good and I bought two of my friends the starter kit for Christmas since they live nearby. They were both pretty pumped about having a local place to get growlers filled.

The place was pretty packed and we sat at the large table which led to us striking up some conversations with other groups sitting at the table with us. Overall it was a solid night.

We had one complaint though. The place was a little bit sterile. White walls with a few seating options. We stayed for about an hour but a lot of that had to do with the fact that it was a new experience. The friends I bought the growlers said they would definitely comeback for the beer but mainly to fill up their growler and not really hang out.

I think over time if they warmed up the interior they could make it a really great hang out place in addition to serving great craft beers. More seating options, outdoor seating during better weather, a few tv’s for sports, a little music playing not to loudly in addition to the beers and this place would really rock.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Agreed on the sterile seating area needing warmed up. If it were a bit more cozy I think the place would do even better.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

InnerCore said:
    Stopped in last night with some friends.

I didn’t think you were moving here for awhile?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

They just ran out of growler starter kits in case anyone was planning on buying one before Christmas.

swinzo1010
    Participant

Stopped in yesterday to check it out and loved it. It is a very nice addition to the neighborhood. Being able to walk there from my house is a nice bonus. @growlerczar Keep up the good work!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

growlerczar said:
    We would host this… Let’s plan on an early 2013 gathering! Thanks again for all the support!

Will email you some details and we’ll get a date scheduled! Will be fun! ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Walker said:
    Will email you some details and we’ll get a date scheduled! Will be fun! ;)

NICE!!

InnerCore
    Participant

Walker said:
    I didn’t think you were moving here for awhile?

Our family is here so we usually visit 3 to 4 times per year, especially most holidays.

We tried to fill up on Sunday but didn’t realized they closed at 6 pm. Were going to try and swing by sometime today and load up for Christmas.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Gotcha. Hope you have fun here during the holidays! ;)

Extra Extra, Read all about it:

BLIZZARD FORCES DAILY GROWLER TO CLOSE TODAY, DEC 26TH, 2012. WILL REOPEN TOMORROW.

The weather has delayed critical shipments (beer and growlers) and made it perilous for our customers and employees to travel to The Daily Growler. We have decided the most prudent course of action is to close today, Dec 26th and reopen at normal time (3pm) tomorrow, Thursday Dec 27th.

We apologize to the masses wanting Fresh Craft Beers to weather the weather, but safety is our number 1 priority.

Cheers

The one good thing about getting snowed in is getting caught up on long overdue clerical work.

Here is our up to date tap list!! http://s.tdgi.us/menu

We will keep this updated everyday. Keep in mind these prices don’t reflect our daily happy hour, which runs from 3pm – 7pm and includes 50% off all pints, 25% off all tasters, and $1 off all growler fills.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is now available. WOOT!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

subscribe_email Get Columbus News Updates in Your Inbox!

Stay in the know! Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest news: