Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Ohio Deli & The Dagwood Challenge

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Ohio Deli & The Dagwood Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

CDS sherman wrote look at my dumb ass looking the other way in the group shot…. with a tape measure of all things :P

lol…you photograph like a 12 year old boy though Sherm ;)

Roland
    Participant

Coremodels wrote I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m pretty hurt LOL!

I have been messed up since the Dagwood. My strategy failed miserably. I hope tomorrow is a better day! :lol:

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Roland wrote

Coremodels wrote I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m pretty hurt LOL!

I have been messed up since the Dagwood. My strategy failed miserably. I hope tomorrow is a better day! :lol:

LOL…your strategy was still better than Joey’s, who basically took his sandwich apart and spread it around so it looked like he’d eaten more than he had…sneaky bastard :lol:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The video is up:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12615

Deserves it’s own thread.

;)

Cyclist

Jeff, well done! You were my #1 competetion! But after finishing half the sandwich, I kept an eye on you. After you did the coffee/water trick, I knew you were not totally focusing, so I kept eating…….. Then I kept an eye on you. You finished your sandwich, but you had a plate of fries. I kept an eye on you. You ate the fries in a manner which you ate one fry at a time by folding each fry. THEN! I knew I could beat you! So I chowed down the last two bite of my sandwich and swallowed. Well done Jeff. Next time!?

I am honored to have won the challenge.

Cyclist

I think the next logical step is a Veggie Burger eating contest at NS. I am sure I can eat three of them.

Plus it is only a 900 foot bike ride from home as opposed to the 6 mile ride to the Ohio Deli.

drew
    Participant

This ESPN dude is weak (dagwood wimp sportscaster dude starts at 2:15):

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4464482&categoryid=2564308

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

slightly on topic…

I had the monte cristo here yesterday and it was awesome. I love this place.

back to topic.. yay! this was great 3 years ago.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/27727324/ohio-deli-and-restaurant-destroyed-by-fire

OH NO!

p.s. Whoever owns the youtube video of the challenge has it private now :(

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

p.s. Whoever owns the youtube video of the challenge has it private now :(

That’s me. I think when Google + YouTube merged login accounts a few years ago, it marked a lot of old videos private.

Anyway… fixed! ;)

News
    Participant

Ohio Deli Destroyed in Overnight Fire
    December 30, 2014 10:21 am – Walker Evans

The Ohio Deli, a southside staple at 3444 South High Street, was damaged severely in an overnight fire. Local TV news stations reported that the cause is currently unknown, and that firefighters had trouble fighting the flames in the cold weather. Police and Fire crews were still on site at 9:45am this morning, assessing the damage.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/ohio-deli-destroyed-in-overnight-fire

Roland
    Participant

Sad news. The memories still haunt me.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

News
    Participant
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

It was at lunch with my future father in law where I asked for his daughters hand here.

I hope they rebuild, I’d also donate should insurance come up short.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 171 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: