Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Crest Gastropub Is Going To Fail

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Crest Gastropub Is Going To Fail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Good timing. The Dispatch has published a very favorable review.

rory
    Participant

MichaelC said:
    Good timing. The Dispatch has published a very favorable review.

Only if pointing out the absence of salt and certain ingredients in some dishes counts as highly favorable.

DouginCMH
    Participant

That review was very … descriptive. Certainly not negative, but not terribly positive, either.

geoyui
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    I stand by my words and clearly the rational people on this message board agree with me.

Rational people do agree that the Crest needs some work.

Irrational people say this:

Gil Ligg said:
    After this place fails I hope some real restauranteurs step in and put an awesome restaurant in its place.

How many people agreed with you on this?

saywhat2

John McCollum said:

Unless you enjoy being stared at and reviled for being under 55 and working at a job that doesn’t involve some kind of mechanical or manual labor (the unanimous assessment of me and a number of my friends who had politely tried to enjoy a beer there every once in a while), the old place was not a neighborhood watering hole. In fact, the guys who worked there and frequented the place seemed to hate the neighborhood and what it become — young families, urban professionals, academics and artists.

Its very real flaws aside,The Crest in

“The Comedy” was a pretty good movie. I really liked you in it.

billbix

Gil Ligg said:
    It’s just a real damn shame they destroyed the divey aspect to it

I don’t feel the loss of the old Crestview Tavern is much to lament. It was more like a private social club. I understand why some people are leery of these makeovers. I do miss the old divey Jury Room. That had a nice vibe and a good bunch of regulars who made it worth a trip. That is gone now. For the Creat, I have to say it was for the better.

I love the beer selection in the new Crest and mostly visit for the beer alone.

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

Oh, yeah, this place is DOOMED alright. The wife and I tried to stop in last night at bout 8: there was no parking for blocks and we could see from the street that every table in and out was packed, so we had to drive on.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Josh_W said:
    Oh, yeah, this place is DOOMED alright. The wife and I tried to stop in last night at bout 8: there was no parking for blocks and we could see from the street that every table in and out was packed, so we had to drive on.

clearly doomed

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

…bring back little brothers!

lifeliberty
    Participant

Josh_W said:

I am always driving past the Crest. I was riding my bike on Indianola at 815pm last night, plenty of parking on Indianola. Their parking lot is tiny, I always park on Indianola. maybe you walk a block, but it was a nice evening anyways. and yes, Thursday, Friday, Saturday between 7-11 are peak hours. I don’t ever go to the Crest and expect a spot in their parking lot. i also wouldn’t go during peak times either. they are the only spot to hang out in that area, they are going to be busy during peak hours.

geoyui
    Participant

Josh_W said:

When Crest does fail, I hope some real restauranteurs step in and put an awesome, bigger parking lot in.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Off peak, on the other hand… If you’re willing to sneak out of work extra early, I believe their happy hour starts at 3. On the times I’ve been there, by 6pm it’s far too crowded and loud for me. But before the crowds show up, it’s a lot more enjoyable. Now if only I could leave work in two hours.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded. Yogi Berra

The Starbrick brown ale, listed as an IPA from Jackie Os brewery in Athens, Ohio ($5), is almost dark enough to be a stout. It has a malty, bitter edge that works with a wide variety of food but lacks the complexity of some competing brews.

That tells you a great deal about the attention to detail at this place

mrpoppinzs

slothorentropy said:

The Starbrick brown ale, listed as an IPA from Jackie Os brewery in Athens, Ohio ($5), is almost dark enough to be a stout. It has a malty, bitter edge that works with a wide variety of food but lacks the complexity of some competing brews.

That tells you a great deal about the attention to detail at this place

I doubt anyone would complain about their beer menu or selections. The Crest will be fine. They do need to put more attention to organizing their service though. As with most places there is more than one aspect that needs to be looked after. It is already 10x better than its predecessor.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: