Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Crest Gastropub Is Going To Fail

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Crest Gastropub Is Going To Fail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

osulew said:
    The only fail is this thread. Another steaming pile of turd from Gil.

POTD

Coy
    Participant

DavidF said:
    Can we just give Gil, Toddanders and innercore their own thread where they just bitch about how much everything sucks?

+1

lifeliberty
    Participant

I’d agree that for as many people as they have running around the place, service is lacking. their tuna tacos are some of the best fish tacos I’ve had. I don’t think it will fail though, they are consistently busy and still relatively new so mistakes will happen

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

DavidF said:
    Can we just give Gil, Toddanders and innercore their own thread where they just bitch about how much everything sucks?

http://www.circlejerkofsadness.com is available
    alternately…
    http://www.shitmyfriendsfriendsaid.com

DouginCMH
    Participant

I quickly fell out of love with the place for many of the reasons mentioned here. Personally, I don’t get ‘the concept’ because The Crest seems to want to be everything at once; which, I assume, is a big reason why attention to detail is such a problem.

That said, for a ‘failing business,’ they seem to have a lot of customers. Competition for this kind of a place is close to being non-existent in Clintonville, and there’s a huge pent-up demand to satisfy. Personally, I hope The Crest matures as a business, learns from its mistakes, and pares itself down to becoming a great place that does what it decides to do very, very well (and at a fair price). If so, I’ll be back. If not, well, whether it survives or not, there are a lot of other cool places in town for me to spend my money.

dubdave00
    Participant

This seems like as good a time as any to bring up the lack of light rail in Columbus and why we’re going to lose to Branson…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Crest is too big to fail.

Roland
    Participant

There is something weird with the service at Crest. It felt like no one knew what was going on. Always someone different coming to our table. We ordered food and had drinks on the table. Someone else brings menus to us like we just sat down. After a while, we are informed that they were out of the food we ordered. We change our order. Then they bring our original order out. I guess they had the food after all. The food was pretty good, but nothing too exciting. It was very slow. Trying to pay up and get out the door was a real exercise.

If they had a single person who was responsible for our table, I feel the problems would resolve. It’s like everyone working there is randomly working every table.

Good food and nice place but the service does need some tweaking.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I haven’t got to go yet, but everytime I go by, it certainly smells delicious!

I don’t know if I would be a fan of cooking hamburger scents all the time if I lived near it. I much more enjoy the Kroger bakery in my neighborhood making it smell like donuts all the time.

Taz Devil
    Participant

I sat at the bar and everything was fine. Food was good too. However, it did seem that there was almost more staff present than customers.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

osulew said:
    The only fail is this thread. Another steaming pile of turd from Gil.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Anne said:
    I much more enjoy the Kroger bakery in my neighborhood making it smell like donuts all the time.

And much of downtown, that is some straight up torture!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

A friend of a guy I know who had lunch with a gal who works for a dude who plays golf with the dog-walker of a lady in Westerville who’s having an extramarital affair with the brother of a woman on the Clintonville Block Watch says the mens room at the Crest was out of toiletpaper the other night.

Matthew
    Participant

Is this where I can launch a complaint about a cyclist running a red light?

John McCollum
    Participant

The Crest is a much better pub than restaurant. The beer list is fantastic, and there are plenty of nice snacks — fries, goat cheese balls, etc — to nosh on while drinking. Happy Hour? Prices can’t be beat.

But if you’re coming to The Crest to enjoy a well run restaurant, you’ll be disappointed. They never seem to know which guest belongs to which staff person; almost every time I go, I get the “have you been helped?” by two or three different servers. And there appears to be a serious problem with the way food is or isn’t expedited from the kitchen.

All this aside, I love the place. It’s great for the neighborhood, and I’m confident they’ll get their act together. Even if they don’t, there are enough people looking for a good watering hole in that area of town that they’re not going to fail unless they seriously mess things up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: