Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Crest Gastropub Is Going To Fail

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Crest Gastropub Is Going To Fail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Gil Ligg

I take back everything good I said about The Crest. The first time I went there was the only time I had good food and service.

I really want this place to succeed, but I don’t see it happening. It’s run like a campus bar. The service is lousy and the food is inconsistent at best. I just went tonight and the place was committing all the restaurant sins in the book. Willie Degel would’ve had a field day with this place.

The only thing I like about The Crest is the mac-n-cheese, the side portion not the appetizer. I would say their beer selection is good, but since neither their servers nor bartenders seem to care to know their menu is doesn’t matter what kind of selection they have.

After this place fails I hope some real restauranteurs step in and put an awesome restaurant in its place.

gregcols
    Participant

I disagree!! I have been there 4 or 5 times with excellent service and food. It is one of my favorite new spots!!

heresthecasey
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:

Mister Shifter
    Participant

CLASSIC GIL!!!

chaptal
    Participant

Have you been hearing things about it from friends of friends?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    I really want this place to succeed

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

CU’s favorite hobbyist killing it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I brushed my teeth this morning and noticed that my tube of Crest toothpaste had a weird flavor to it. I think it went bad.

PROCTOR AND GAMBLE IS GOING TO FAIL !!!!!!1

DavidF
    Participant

Can we just give Gil, Toddanders and innercore their own thread where they just bitch about how much everything sucks?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I noticed that the moon was getting lower and lower in the sky this morning. I’m not optimistic about its long-term success.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

The only fail is this thread. Another steaming pile of turd from Gil.

whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

Let’s be honest…unless you’re sitting at the bar, the Crest has some serious service issues.

I love this spot and love that it’s in the neighborhood; however, I think there is certainly more than a grain of truth to the complaint about service w/r/t the beer list. I’ve been served the wrong beer here on five or six different visits, and it’s not uncommon to hear a server say that he/she is “not a beer person.” The concept of the place is solid and the service has much improved since opening, but they seriously need some staff training to take place regarding their (usually quite well-curated) beer list.

geoyui
    Participant

A friend of a friend who dated the bartender told me that when Crest fails, they’re going to build a creative art mecca complex.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    I would say their beer selection is good, but since neither their servers nor bartenders seem to care to know their menu is doesn’t matter what kind of selection they have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: