Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Clubhouse Sports Grill on Greenlawn Avenue

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Clubhouse Sports Grill on Greenlawn Avenue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

The Clubhouse Sports Grill & Bar Now Open

Published on January 25, 2014 10:30 am

By: Ayana Wilson

It’s easy to see why any entrepreneur would want to open a business at 340 Greenlawn Avenue. It’s across the street from Berliner Park, one of the largest ballpark facilities in the city, adjacent to four major communities – Downtown, Merion Village, Brewery District, and German Village – and easy to access from the highway.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-clubhouse-sports-grill-bar-now-open-aw1

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I give it 10 weeks.

sdbuck1
    sdbuck1
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I give it 10 weeks.

mfl243
    Participant

This place does seem to be a graveyard for bars and eateries. Softball season is far off and Westie’s is nearby.

JeepGirl
    Participant

Odd that this review selectively notes that they’re “adjacent to four major communities – Downtown, Merion Village, Brewery District, and German Village” but leaves out the fact that they are part of the Franklinton community.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Honestly, I had to double check that myself. I had no idea Franklinton extended up that little tip along the park.

In a few months, when the next place opens, hopefully they’ll include Franklinton.

JeepGirl
    Participant

Even if it wasn’t in a part of Franklinton, the most commonly known Franklinton area is still at least as close, if not closer than the downtown area.

Ah well, it’s an unfortunate oversight of the Franklinton community either by the owners of the bar or the writer of the article.

You’re right, and maybe the next bar will actually know where they are located.

MHJ
    Participant

JeepGirl said:
    Odd that this review selectively notes that they’re “adjacent to four major communities – Downtown, Merion Village, Brewery District, and German Village” but leaves out the fact that they are part of the Franklinton community.

That’s not odd. It’s cut off from Franklinton by both 70 and 71, and no one who looks at that location in real time, as opposed to a map, would associate it with that neighborhood. It’s like pointing out the completely disconnected pieces of Clinton Township and wondering why people don’t usually consider them as a unit.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Good thing I didn’t say it was on the South Side.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lots of people complain about Clintonville-Beechwold borders and boundaries.

Lots of people complain about 5xNW-Grandivew borders and boundaries.

This is the first time I’ve heard of anyone get worked up about Greenlawn Avenue.

First time for everything, I guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: