Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Broadwin Condos - Updates & News

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Broadwin Condos – Updates & News

This topic contains 83 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Pro Se 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    JoePeffer
    JoePeffer
    Participant

I saw some people hauling out some debris from the back of the building yesterday. It’d been a long time since I’ve seen any action there.

Pro Se
    Participant

Wow, that’s fantastic news! I live down the street and will have to keep an eye on it for more news. Thanks Joe!

Pro Se
    Participant

The Ohio Development Sevices Agency confirmed in a phone call today that this project is still under the managment of developer Joe Recchie’s Broadwin Housing LP, which obtained control of all of the units as part of the settlement with Webster Bank. According to department records, the project is supposed to be completed as soon as November of this year.

Perhaps this warrants a Walker-Recchie interview?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Reaching out to him! ;) Good to hear some movement is happening on this project!

heresthecasey
    Participant

Any recent updates on this?

Pro Se
    Participant

Sadly, it looks like the work we saw in the Spring was limited to securing the premises only. According to the Auditor’s website, the units are still dispersed among Progress Place (Webster Bank’s holding company), Broadwin Housing LP (the initial project developer) and the initial owners. This is unfortunate.

My understanding was that the units were to be conveyed back to Broadwin Housing as part of the case settlement several years ago. That this hasn’t happened is an indication that there may still be some post-litigation legal wranglings. I don’t think we’ll see anything until the legal title to the units is resolved.

It was a huge blunder for Broadwin Housing LP to have given title to individual owners in the first place before the units were finished and delivered and they’ve been trying to clean up that mess ever since.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Thanks. Very disappointing to see this project stalled for so long.

runrunrun
    Participant

Any update on the Broadwin?

Pro Se
    Participant

Not from what I can tell but I did read somewhere that Yhezkel Levi, a known quantity of sorts in OTE, was involved with Recchie. Not entirely sure that’s good news as Levi has earned a mixed reputation for his various projects in the neighborhood, most of which drag on for years at a snails pace.

At this point, I’ll take anything. I still think the holdup has something to do with these three units that remain owned by the original redevelopment customers.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO