Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Broadwin Condos - Updates & News

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Broadwin Condos – Updates & News

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author

zp945
    Participant

I just found this on Craigslist. They are recruiting retail tenants for Jeffrey Place?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/off/654564586.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s maddening.

Mercurius
    Participant

ssmith171 wrote Hello Everyone,

I work for the developer of the Broadwin. The Broadwin is a beautiful historic building and we believe it plays a key role in the revitalization of Old Towne East and Columbus’s Downtown as a whole. The history, architecture, and character of the Broadwin make it inherently fascinating. The project is not in bankruptcy and we expect residents to be moving into the building by the end of this year.

If you are curious about the Broadwin I encourage you to visit broadwinliving.com and if you have specific questions about the project I invite you to please send me an email. I can’t respond on the blog post due to time constraints, but I promise to answer any questions via email. My email is [email protected]. I am happy to answer your questions about both the Broadwin.

Best,

Sara Smith

Nearing more missed deadlines. Any signs that this crapatacular developer has made any progress on any of his projects? Can this guy go backrupt so his properties go to a credible and capable developer? The Broadwin was slated for sheriffs sale once already but unfortnately he scraped together the funds to buy it back. I almost cringe that the state gave him a $654,000 tax credit for the Broadwin since I haven’t seen any work since then.

Any signs of life out there? Or just more lies/extreme missed deadlines.

We have completed the next generation of design for the Courtyard Townhomes and obtained Italian Village Commission approval. Those plans are going through permitting now at the City of Columbus and our plan is to begin construction on Auden Avenue as soon as they are approved. We have also designed and are installing the central Courtyard on that same block.

Mercurius
    Participant

The Clean Ohio Revitalization Fund has given him $3,000,000 now. The City of Columbus has contributed $900,000 in loans or grants not including site work. The state gave the Broadwin $654,257 in tax credits. This is all public money. That said:

Who can find the longest missed deadline on a Joe Recchie project in writing. This could be a fun game.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Mercurius wrote The Broadwin went to sheriffs sale once already but unfortnately he scraped together the funds to buy it back.

Wow, when did that happen?

Mercurius
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote

Mercurius wrote The Broadwin went to sheriffs sale once already but unfortnately he scraped together the funds to buy it back.

Wow, when did that happen? I guess it was just slated for sheriff’s sale but Recchie got the funds together before it happened. Roslovic was going to put a bid in for it. More then hearsay but can’t find it in writing. http://www.roslovicconstruction.com/

Given this article, I can’t immagine his finances are any better other then grants he has recieved.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2004/02/23/story3.html

Edit: I’d say it was about the same time as this:

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/01/10/loc_wcforeclose10.html

hukutas

Has anyone noticed over the last year it looked as if there web sites / portals have been getting really improved almost like they were truly on a misson to improve quality and value, but now it seems all that has fallen apart as well, lots of errors and pages not loading, im my opinion they were making big strides, but like there projects when they got something good going it just all stops or falls apart. Not sure what happened, if anyone knows I would be interested, as to me it seems in line with their thinking over there. Offer something great and then falling apart on delivery

What Happened?

heresthecasey
    Participant

now i know this is probably just

BUT……, i was just thinking about all of this jeffrey place/broadwin crap-storm-fiasco the other day when reading about how neighborhood launch is still chugging right along. It seems that JP and NL are going after similar audiences, but one is flying eating up surface lots and looking magnificent, while the other is an empty dirt lot with like 4 townhouses and a still unoccupied loft building which theyve “just been putting the finishing touches on” since summer 2007.

And now as hukutas has pointed out the websites have all but stopped functioning with all kinds of error messages, broken links, and blank pages.

Not to mention the developer has taken boatloads of public dollars from all sorts of levels of government and hasnt been able to deliver any kind of substantial project to completion yet. It seems like there almost has to be some kind of fraud going on with all of the blatant dissemination of misinformation. Soooo WTF? Anyone have any new info/dirt on JP/Broadwin/or Green Bridge to share?

Sarah Smith where are you?!?!??

EDIT: Walker, maybe a sit down lunch interview with Joe Recchie is in order?

Mercurius
    Participant

bump

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jury dings bank for $19 million in condos flop
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010
    BY BRUCE CADWALLADER
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

The initial investors in an Olde Town East condominium project that went belly-up were awarded nearly $19 million from a jury last week in a breach-of-contract trial against a Connecticut-based bank.

The jury concluded that Webster Bank failed to make timely construction payments to the homeowners and the Columbus-based developer, Community Building Systems, and that resulted in several contractors walking off the job at the proposed Broadwin project in March 2007.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/06/01/jury-dings-bank-for-19-m-in-condo-flop.html?sid=101

The Broadwin is an awesome project and the condos are unbelievable.
    Time for someone to “kick up their game.” How do we mobilize some support around this project and get it executed i.e. financed and sold – talk about value, design, location, history and architecture.
    The Dakota on High are great and the Jackson, but pls give us a break – this is the real deal!

Perhaps someone from New York who knows quality, value and an opportunity to make money will bring this to life. The locos in Columbus – have no idea of what the East Side represents financially and for the city – this is the last potential gold mine to someone who can make it happen! East Long to Main and Parsons to Parkview are the next “place to be.” We need more developers from Bexley, Dublin, Powell and “wherever” to spend some time in New York, Chicago and Boston to see the future. BTW – all these “developers” should check out the 4 SALE or 6 unit on S 18th Street – between Franklin and Bryden Road – another great opportunity….to make money and an aweseome location. How do we get this project completed? Great building, great price and great location??? Lots of work, but SO WHAT! It’s amazing that everyone wants to make money but not take the risk – it would be great to have some one like the Edwards family(Gay Street) take an interest in OTE and the Broadwin – forget High Street – how about E Broad Street?? BTW you don’t have to plant any 1 year old trees – cheers!

futureman
    Participant

Perhaps we are in a recession? (or depression)

futureman
    Participant

Finally some news!

5 historic-renovation projects awarded state tax credits
    Buildings being repurposed to be preserved
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Friday December 21, 2012

Five central Ohio projects, including four in Columbus and a building damaged almost a decade ago in Chillicothe, were awarded Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credits to help pay for restoration work.

The Ohio Development Services Agency announced the awards yesterday. The projects in Columbus and the tax credits awarded are:

Broadwin Apartments, 1312 E. Broad St., $1.1 million. The eight-story building, built in 1925, will be redeveloped into 42 market-rate apartments. Total project cost: $8.8 million.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/12/21/5-projects-awarded-tax-credits-from-state.html

Cbusbill
    Participant

futureman said:
    Finally some news!

5 historic-renovation projects awarded state tax credits
    Buildings being repurposed to be preserved
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Friday December 21, 2012

Five central Ohio projects, including four in Columbus and a building damaged almost a decade ago in Chillicothe, were awarded Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credits to help pay for restoration work.

The Ohio Development Services Agency announced the awards yesterday. The projects in Columbus and the tax credits awarded are:

Broadwin Apartments, 1312 E. Broad St., $1.1 million. The eight-story building, built in 1925, will be redeveloped into 42 market-rate apartments. Total project cost: $8.8 million.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/12/21/5-projects-awarded-tax-credits-from-state.html

Awesome news…with the projects underway/proposed at CCAD, and the nearby Tiki bar/Hills grocery openings, this area of downtown is starting to get some well deserved buzz.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Good to hear. Wonder if the building has changed hands to a new developer? I haven’t read up much on it lately…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION