Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Broadwin Condos - Updates & News

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Broadwin Condos – Updates & News

This topic contains 83 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Pro Se 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

Cyclist

Mercurius wrote Page 18 is interesting. There are dates :shock:

http://www.jeffreyplacemedical.com/uploads/3/1/5/3/315324/2008_jp_medical_office_proposal_for_web_load.pdf

Wow! They better hurry up and get to work! Most is scheduled for completion in ’08 or ’09!

hukutas

I work for a distributor; we distribute Flooring, Building supplies, Cabinets & HVAC. We supply stores like Lowes and builders like Dominion as well as contractors. So we deal with contractors & the city everyday. I can tell you first hand that a lot of projects get delayed due to not just money but the city and many other factors including environmental factors.

Almost everyday I drive past the broadwin, and wondered what was going on, so once I saw this board I thought I would pop in and see if anyone knew anything about this or not.

I must say after reading all the posts I am disappointed to see, this seems more to do with bagging the developer instead of fact finding & informing.

I noticed early on in the post someone mentioned they get info from the developer, I even see a person involved with the development has posted on here. I found the developers websites, info and contact data pretty easily and yet not one post where someone has attempted to contact or speak with the developer to get the “Real” info..

I think I even read a post that said “Joe Rechie” where are you? I found there website and they have their phone number even model hours for a different project called Jeffery Place, this took me no time to find actually so it seems to me finding him would be simple, although I have never tried.

Did the poster mean he has tried to schedule an appointment with the developer and has been blocked or not able to talk with the developer or a staff member about the project? Have you even tried to contact the developer? I don’t see any posts like that on this board.

I would think if anyone was really concerned with the project they would speak to the company, do some investigative research like ya see on TV. I don’t have time meet the developer and discuss the issues/timeline/concerns & etc. so I will not say one thing positive or negative about the developer/ developers for the project as it is simply not fair to both the readers & developers. I stopped here to try to get that info, with no luck.

After reading this I come away feeling this blog is more about a dislike for the developer or even worse maybe some people on here are involved with a competitor of the developer. I was especially upset as it seems pretty easy to get a hold of these folks, yet through all the complaining I don’t see any attempts posted about talking with or being denied a talk with the developer or staff..

Sorry if I offended anyone I was really curious about the project because the old building looks pretty awesome from the outside, and I was just disappointed with the lack of “Hard” info on this board.

Just my 2 cents….

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hey, welcome to the site! Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on this. :D

hukutas wrote After reading this I come away feeling this blog is more about a dislike for the developer…

Please keep in mind that the negative comments are only being made by a handful of people on this website. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn’t mean that this group is representative of everyone on this site as a whole. ;)

hukutas

Thanks,

I guess what worked me up is seeing how easy it is to contact the developer and not only that an employee of the developer has posted here on this site, lets badger her for info….

Add in the fact the documents linked (Previous Post) above is from one of the developers sites as far as I can tell, that seems pretty legit to me, I mean they could have easily taken it down or changed there info if they were trying anything decieving. Add in the model hours post, it looks to me someone could walk into the model and speak directly to a staff member of the developer or who knows even schedule a meeting with the developer.

So the young lady that is a staff member can any of these guys posting here have a sit down with the developer? If so how can they arrange that?

CDS sherman

Motorist wrote

CDS sherman wrote OTE folks told me that the developers of the broadwin took deposits on condos and bailed. they have like 5 units done maybe and one was a model on the OTE tour of homes a couple of years back. the building on hudson is a mess and needs to be finished or razed. the city does pursue unfinished projects but court dates in enviromental court dont seem to scare to many people i guess.

There was never a model unit. As of about 14 months ago, this is what things looked like: They had most of the units sort of half framed, it was really hit or miss. New electric feeds were run to each floor but not to the individual units. Flex duct was run through most of the units back to a mechanical closet in each unit but furnaces were never set. New windows installed throughout the whole building and some landscaping done on the Broad Street side. I don’t recall seeing any plumbing work done.

the building was on tour i was told 2 years ago. they used to have sunday open houses i think aswell. im pretty sure i was told that had a unit set up as a model. but who knows

hukutas

Yeah I really dont know, from the broadwin site it has mention of sunday open house, at the jefferyplace site they have model open houses there as well which seem to be open almost everyday.

Of course I am not sure if it would be open or not as I have never tried, so I wont say either way, but on the surface it appears they have a couple models and model hours…

has anyone on this blog gone over to either model during their posted Open time?

zp945
    Participant

Just for the record. I did send an e-mail to the employee that posted on this thread. I have also tried for almost two years to get a time frame on the commercial/retail side of this project. I have spoken with the developer several times and the timeline keeps getting pushed back. When you look at the link from the developers website it says the entire project will be complete in 2008. If you drive by the site it is clear that can not happen.

I think most people here are speaking out of frustration from seeing two projects that they were excited about have stalled to a point it looks like they might never happen.

hukutas

ZPIZZA wrote Just for the record. I did send an e-mail to the employee that posted on this thread. I have also tried for almost two years to get a time frame on the commercial/retail side of this project. I have spoken with the developer several times and the timeline keeps getting pushed back. When you look at the link from the developers website it says the entire project will be complete in 2008. If you drive by the site it is clear that can not happen.

I think most people here are speaking out of frustration from seeing two projects that they were excited about have stalled to a point it looks like they might never happen.

I get the frustration, I guess I was coming here to see if anyone had info about why the stall, has someone gone to the model and asked questions? Was the model not being manned? Are your emails unanswered? has anyone tried the phone nunber on their website? (there seems like alot of ways ot contact these folks) I dont know I was just looking for info probably like everyone else, and like everyone else I simply dont have time to contact & meet with the developer & staff which on the surface seem like a pretty easy thing to do…So I came here looking for someone who has done that and can speak first hand of the experience, issues or any other details.

And most importantly the future of the project…

Motorist
    Participant

I don’t think they have had the Sunday open houses in quite a while. Last spring (?), they were having them every week. Then it tapered off and I haven’t seen one in a long time. I don’t drive by there every Sunday so I might have missed them occasionally but I doubt it.

This particular project has become something of a joke in Olde Towne East. This isn’t the first time that they’ve said that residents will be in by X date, only to have that date come and go with nothing happen. I have a neighbor and coworker who started to enter into contract on a condo in the Broadwin but ultimately bailed for this reason.

Edit: And don’t you think that if the developer wanted to get any information out to people, the representative would have done that in her post?

CDS sherman

and people want to bitch about development in franklinton. :roll:

Anonymous

Doesn’t the guy that does retro metro work for the developer of the broadwin and the jeffrey? I would think someone on here would have to know him, maybe Walker or somebody, and could ask?

hukutas

Motorist wrote

Edit: And don’t you think that if the developer wanted to get any information out to people, the representative would have done that in her post?

It seems like a losing situation to post info here if you were the developer, Even if they come on here and say look project X was held up for this or that enviromental factor/ cost or whatever and the delivery date will be XYZ , posters here would simply say “so what we heard that before”. So really a lose / lose for the developer to post on this board in my opinion.

Now if the developer can not be found, unwilling to answer questions and seems to have no intention of talking with anyone I think that iwould be an issue, I just cant see that is the case , they seem willing to talk about it.

I am surprised a representative even posted on the board at all to be honest.

Motorist
    Participant

hukutas wrote

Me too.

I agree that any of us could have emailed the developer through their website. I almost did myself a few times but then decided against it for two reasons. First, if the project was dead in the water, would they tell me? I doubt it. They would probably try to sell me a condo. Second, I drive by the Broadwin usually twice a day. I don’t need someone else to tell me that nothing is going on there, I can see that with my own eyes.

hukutas

Motorist wrote

hukutas wrote

Me too.

I agree that any of us could have emailed the developer through their website. I almost did myself a few times but then decided against it for two reasons. First, if the project was dead in the water, would they tell me? I doubt it. They would probably try to sell me a condo. Second, I drive by the Broadwin usually twice a day. I don’t need someone else to tell me that nothing is going on there, I can see that with my own eyes.

I agree with you, but all I am saying is if several people got info from the developer, and we all put the info together, here on this board we maybe able to see a pattern, as to what is actually going on. This maybe good news or bad for the developer & to everyone that wants to see this project move forward. but before we all assume the worse of people we should hear them out is all I am suggesting…

Not asking the questions because we assume we will be lied to or decieved doesnt seem very pratical to me.

Oh BTW, I doubt you are in any risk of being sold a condo against your will, :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO