Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Broadwin Condos - Updates & News

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Broadwin Condos – Updates & News

This topic contains 83 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Pro Se 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author

I was told this by a realtor. Anyone know anything???

If it is out of money one could think that Jeffrey Place will not be happening with the same developer.

Anonymous

If so that is bullshit, I know in FL there are laws against developers stopping development of a building once it is started. BAsically, they have to finish it even if it causes the developer to go bankrupt in the process.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

i think the developers got way in over their heads with jeffrey place to begin with. they haven’t even started the “north block” yet, which is supposed to be their most affordable piece of the neighborhood ranging from $148,900 to $269,900, which isn’t too bad. the website says constuction started in the spring of 07…..still dirt. it doesn’t help that there isn’t much momentum in that corner of italian village. hell, Kramer Place couldn’t even sell their units so they switched them to rentals until things get better. everytime i drive down fourth that first floor parking garage is almost empty. i think the 5 year buildout timeline for jeffrey place is going to take a little longer than planned.

maybe they should just build a subdivision with single family homes on 50′ x 120′ lots, throw in a roundabout and a landscaped entrance, maybe a pond. maybe they could sell the land to dominion homes to throw up some detached condos on slabs. how about a giant dirtbike track. then maybe we could finally attract the x-games.

Cyclist

Biked by the Broadwin last night on MNR and the thing was blacked-out with no lights on. Looked scary.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

jpizzow wrote how about a giant dirtbike track. then maybe we could finally attract the x-games.

I’m pretty sure they dropped Street Luge back in 2001 so that Columbus could be a venue.

Pablo
    Participant

I know in FL there are laws against developers stopping development of a building once it is started. BAsically, they have to finish it even if it causes the developer to go bankrupt in the process.

I don’t know about FL but it’s common here. Look at that building on Hudson just east of High – it’s been abandoned for two years or so. I think cities should be able to go after developers who walk away from projects.

Motorist
    Participant

I think this happened before. I’m not sure of the details of all this but at one point, I heard that the project was up for Sheriff’s sale but something got worked out at the last minute. This was before any work was done on the building, a couple years ago. As far as I can tell on my daily drive past the building, nobody has worked on it since 2006.

zp945
    Participant

I keep getting e-mails from the Jeffrey Place sales team inviting me to a happy hour at Spice Bar to learn about how to make money in real estate. I am not really sure they are qualified to be giving this advice.

It is a shame because it looked to be a good project that would have helped downtown development get some traction. Does anyone know if it is ever going to be completed?

CDS sherman

OTE folks told me that the developers of the broadwin took deposits on condos and bailed. they have like 5 units done maybe and one was a model on the OTE tour of homes a couple of years back. the building on hudson is a mess and needs to be finished or razed. the city does pursue unfinished projects but court dates in enviromental court dont seem to scare to many people i guess.

Mercurius
    Participant

Motorist wrote I think this happened before. I’m not sure of the details of all this but at one point, I heard that the project was up for Sheriff’s sale but something got worked out at the last minute. This was before any work was done on the building, a couple years ago. As far as I can tell on my daily drive past the building, nobody has worked on it since 2006.

Yeah, It was going to Sheriff Sale in 2006. Right before the sale Recchie got together the money. I know Roslovic was going to put a bid on it.

Motorist
    Participant

CDS sherman wrote OTE folks told me that the developers of the broadwin took deposits on condos and bailed. they have like 5 units done maybe and one was a model on the OTE tour of homes a couple of years back. the building on hudson is a mess and needs to be finished or razed. the city does pursue unfinished projects but court dates in enviromental court dont seem to scare to many people i guess.

There was never a model unit. As of about 14 months ago, this is what things looked like: They had most of the units sort of half framed, it was really hit or miss. New electric feeds were run to each floor but not to the individual units. Flex duct was run through most of the units back to a mechanical closet in each unit but furnaces were never set. New windows installed throughout the whole building and some landscaping done on the Broad Street side. I don’t recall seeing any plumbing work done.

Cyclist

I bought it at the Sherrifs sale.

Where is Joe Ricchie?- the newest reality TV show.

I talked to one of the homebuyers at the Broadwin and they will be living in their unit by the end of the year. They have all the custom finishes selected. I’ve driven by the building for years and I think the exterior is really cool. I like that they replaced all the windows with the same style that was there originally. Why can’t they make new buildings with all that carved limestone. Is it a lost art?

Motorist
    Participant

I hope the homeowner isn’t getting that information from a banner over the front door or an ad in the paper giving a tenant move-in date. Because both of those have been wrong many times before. :lol:

ssmith171

Hello Everyone,

I work for the developer of the Broadwin. The Broadwin is a beautiful historic building and we believe it plays a key role in the revitalization of Old Towne East and Columbus’s Downtown as a whole. The history, architecture, and character of the Broadwin make it inherently fascinating. The project is not in bankruptcy and we expect residents to be moving into the building by the end of this year.

If you are curious about the Broadwin I encourage you to visit broadwinliving.com and if you have specific questions about the project I invite you to please send me an email. I can’t respond on the blog post due to time constraints, but I promise to answer any questions via email. My email is [email protected]. I am happy to answer your questions about both the Broadwin.

Best,

Sara Smith

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO