Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The best writeup on Columbus Craigslist I've ever seen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The best writeup on Columbus Craigslist I’ve ever seen

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Twixlen
    Participant

This one is also a winner…

1 1/2 Carat Diamond Cluster Ring – $1600 (Zanesville)

——————————————————————————–
    Date: 2010-02-09, 1:34PM EST
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a new wedding ring that was bought 4 my wife 2 renew our 33 year vows.She is living in Florida with another guy so I am selling the ring.It was bought new @ the Conestoga Mall in Zanesville 4 $3,299 + tax.It has a free sizing coming 2 whoever buys it.It is a 1 1/2c diamond cluster ring set in 14k gold setting.Please email or call me @ (740)408-3294 as it would make some1 a gr8 Valentines Day present. The band is no longer availble :o( I am using a library computer so it won’t allow me 2 pull up my photos but if u email me it might? Thanks 4 reading :o)

Tenzo
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    I posted this one on the Apt Therapy thread, but it’s still available!!
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/clt/1558560416.html

I’ve never understood the midwestern rural fasination of nailing dead animal parts to the wall.

Twixlen
    Participant

Tenzo wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>
    I posted this one on the Apt Therapy thread, but it’s still available!!
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/clt/1558560416.html

I’ve never understood the midwestern rural fasination of nailing dead animal parts to the wall.

It really is disturbing.

Also, my cats would rip that thing off the wall and cart it around the house. Which actually would be some fine entertainment.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Anyone need a stripper pole?

Stripper pole and platform – $500 (grove city ohio)

Very sturdy platform with 2×12 construction
    Mirrors and lights on side
    Durable no scratch vinyl on to
    Stripper pole included

Here

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

For all you Doors fans:

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Lokking [sic] for Little People (Dublin)

Looking for little people for St. Patricks day promo . Must be 18yrs or older with valid state ID

Here

drew
    Participant

Not local, but entertaining nonetheless:

you stuck my flash drive in your vagina

Lakee911
    Participant

Help Needed – Killing a demon (Columbus)

Date: 2010-08-08, 2:46AM EDT
    Reply to: see below

Hi,

I recently inherited and old, abandon house north of columbus, in kind of a rural area between 23 and Westerville. I am currently renovating the house and not actually living in it at this moment. A few nights ago I was working on the house around 4 a.m. and to my surprise a big red ball came bouncing down the stairs. At first i was a bit confused – i had never seen the ball in the house and have no idea how it was thrown down the stairs. Right when i started getting a little scared i heard a girl laughing from the upstairs. I went to investigate and found nothing but when i went back downstairs and a young, maybe 7-8 yrs old, girl was standing in the kitchen with the basement door opened. At this point, although it was 4 am, i figured she had either got into the house to play or maybe her parents were homeless and squatting the large house somewhere.I asked her what he name was she said it was Noel. I asked where her parents were and she just asked if i brought her any toys to play with. I asked her why she was out playing at this time and she didnt really seem to understand what that meant. i asked if she knew where she was and she just replied, “I’m here”. After getting nowhere trying to figure out who this girl was and why she was in the house i finally told her to get in the car with me and ill take her home. She said, “this is my home”. She also mentioned that she had a brother who was ‘here’ but i don’t think she meant that he was actually in the house. At this point i figured she was some kind of ghost which i am okay with so i left the room and she followed me.. I told her to stop, please, and she said she’d leave me alone if i played with her or brought her toys. So i thought okay, whatever, I’ll play with her, what is some harmless little ghost girl gonna do? She grabbed my hand and led me back into the kitchen. She seemed real excited at this point. She started to try to go into the basement with me and i kinda resisted at the top of the stairs. I told her “no i dont want to play down there”. As soon as i said that her grip tightened and she violently pulled me down the stairs. I slid down the stairs on my back until i reached the basement floor. When i looked up, the room had several life sized dolls. Some where just leaned up against the wall, others were actually sitting up at tables in the basement. One of the dolls caught my eye especially. the room actually appeared to be moving around this one. I got up and regained my balance, noel was no where to be seen. i took maybe 3 steps into the basement. None of this stuff was here when i got the house. I took a closer look at the particualr life sized doll and it look exactly like me and was even wearing the exact same clothes i had on at the moment. Now, finally, i was ready to leave to house and probably just contract the renovations and sell the house and definitely never come back. I quickly turned around, and started up the stairs and of course, noel was in the way. For a second she just stood there to point and laugh..but after a moment of this she seemed to push her skeleton out her skin. her pointer finger extended until it broke the skin and sharp bone was stretching towards me until it touched my chest. Then, she pushed and i felt her finger puncture the skin on my chest and the hot blood started soaking my shirt. I was pretty sure this thing was going to kill me and i screamed as loud as a could STOP! and before i even finished shouting the pressure stopped and within a blink i was outside of the home, on the front porch facing the door as if i was about to enter. I grabbed my chest just to see if i felt pain and it was if nothing had happened. Blood was still on my shirt however and later i noticed a scar where noel had poked me. I immediately left and havent returned to the home since. However, since this event some strange things have been happening. mainly, ive noticed that i can see alot better. I am farsighted and use to need glasses to read books and computer screens. Now, i dont need glasses at all..actually, glasses kind of make it a lot harder to read.

I am pretty sure that whatever i encountered was some kind of demon or supernatural evil. However i am curious why my vision is better, if it is connected to noel at all. I am looking for someone who is willing and prepared to meet noel with me again. Also, i am looking for someone who has the knowledge, skills, and equipment to possibly kill whatever this evil is. Noel is very difficult to talk to. it seems she doesnt understand space and time. With that said, i’d still like to communicate with it; i have some questions, of course.

If you are not willing to encounter noel with me but still have any valuable information on the subject of demons or evil supernaturals please reply.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/com/1886915936.html

Lakee911
    Participant

dropping charges in ohio? plz help!? (west columbus )

Date: 2010-08-15, 5:44PM EDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Ok heres the deal. My boyfriend just got picked up for breaking & entering my apt and assault on me. He broke my window and came thru the window & attacked me bc he thought I was cheating on him. (issues) anyway, the neighbor called the cops and they came. I was so mad that I didnt even try 2 cover him. I told wat happened and had 2 make a witness statement. Detectives came & took pics etc. Theyve been on the lookout 4 him bc he got away. And last nite I guess they finally found him bc I got a call from his babys mom sayin he got arrested on those charges. Now if the state filed those charges (bc I didnt), can I still drop the charges? At least for the burglary ? I dont want him 2 go 2 prison bc he has another assault pending on his record. I dont plan on showing up @ court bc I dont wana make it worse. Im just waiting but im wondering my options, I want to drop the burglary charges but am I able 2 do it even if the state took on the charges? Is he looking @ a lot of time? Ugh. Plz help! Thank u!

•it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1900499393

http://columbus.craigslist.org/com/1900499393.html

$410 Housing Co-operative Seeks Community Oriented Housemates (Victorian Village/Outer Campus Area)

In the Spring and Summer of 2008, eight aspiring communitarians living together in the house embarked on an intentional community (IC) project focused on community living, sustainability, and social justice. Since then, the IC group has met and planned, grown and shrunk, while other short term folks have come and gone as well. The King house is an urban laboratory, an incubator for individual lives and collective dreams.

– – Practices – –
    In community life, there is a balance between freedom and structure. A few of our house practices are weekly house meetings, Tuesday vegan potlucks, apportioning private space sensibly to meet the greatest level of individual needs, and an annual fall party/feast. Collaboration allows us such a high quality of life for so little money. We have a few explicit agreements and probably a lot of implicit cultural norms most of us hardly notice. Here they are:

Agreements: no smoking, meat preparation indoors, hairy pets, or physical/emotional violence, give 24 hours notice for overnight guests and one month notice + help find a replacement before ending your Membership. Financial contrubutions are monthly house costs divided my the ideal number of members (currently ~$200) +20 hours labor/person/month, which covers rent, utilities, and food. Other costs averaging $15/person/month, are split as desired.

Norms: participate, use “I” statements and compassion, make food all can eat, attend meetings/pot-lucks, no common space messes, speak from feelings/needs instead of beliefs/morals, be proactive in domestic and emotional work, perform gifts rather than obligations, use resources frugally, etc.

– – People – –
    We are organizers, musicians, students and adventurous human beings. We are collaborative, supportive and responsive to each others’ feelings and needs, and are always open to new social justice and sustainability projects.. The house is owned by an IC member, and surplus money (if any) from monthly contributions goes toward that project.

Contact us if you’re interested or have any questions. You can call the number below or just reply to this ad.
    Kate (cell): 414 305 9832

Bear
    Participant

oh Christ my face hurts and I’m still gasping for air after reading that koala one

10sun

Kbear919 wrote >>
    $410 Housing Co-operative Seeks Community Oriented Housemates (Victorian Village/Outer Campus Area)
    In the Spring and Summer of 2008, eight aspiring communitarians living together in the house embarked on an intentional community (IC) project focused on community living, sustainability, and social justice. Since then, the IC group has met and planned, grown and shrunk, while other short term folks have come and gone as well. The King house is an urban laboratory, an incubator for individual lives and collective dreams.
    – – Practices – –
    In community life, there is a balance between freedom and structure. A few of our house practices are weekly house meetings, Tuesday vegan potlucks, apportioning private space sensibly to meet the greatest level of individual needs, and an annual fall party/feast. Collaboration allows us such a high quality of life for so little money. We have a few explicit agreements and probably a lot of implicit cultural norms most of us hardly notice. Here they are:
    Agreements: no smoking, meat preparation indoors, hairy pets, or physical/emotional violence, give 24 hours notice for overnight guests and one month notice + help find a replacement before ending your Membership. Financial contrubutions are monthly house costs divided my the ideal number of members (currently ~$200) +20 hours labor/person/month, which covers rent, utilities, and food. Other costs averaging $15/person/month, are split as desired.
    Norms: participate, use “I” statements and compassion, make food all can eat, attend meetings/pot-lucks, no common space messes, speak from feelings/needs instead of beliefs/morals, be proactive in domestic and emotional work, perform gifts rather than obligations, use resources frugally, etc.
    – – People – –
    We are organizers, musicians, students and adventurous human beings. We are collaborative, supportive and responsive to each others’ feelings and needs, and are always open to new social justice and sustainability projects.. The house is owned by an IC member, and surplus money (if any) from monthly contributions goes toward that project.
    Contact us if you’re interested or have any questions. You can call the number below or just reply to this ad.
    Kate (cell): 414 305 9832

These are actually really good people.
    Great co-op to live in if you are so inclined.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Bear wrote >>
    oh Christ my face hurts and I’m still gasping for air after reading that koala one

OMG I forgot about that one and went back and read it. Hilarious!

steelfist

lol the magnificent stove was great lol I wonder if anyone actually bought it.

I have no idea what to make of this…at least they take cats?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/apa/2095312461.html

$2500 / 1br – med size old house (downtown)

medium size old house
    some problems with gutted kitchen
    one bathroom
    small yard no landscaping
    bedroom upstairs
    steep staircase
    german village
    no calls please email

jackson street at sixth street (google map) (yahoo map)

* cats are OK – purrr

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: