Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The best writeup on Columbus Craigslist I've ever seen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The best writeup on Columbus Craigslist I’ve ever seen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

This item deserves to be bought several times.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/hsh/233992674.html

Magnificent stove … of mystery! – $75

Reply to: [email protected]

Date: 2006-11-12, 11:21PM EST

In today’s social climate, we’re bombarded with facts, figures, statistics and logic. Where, I ask you, is the mystery? The wonderment? The success of such films as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Harry Potter, and From Justin To Kelly says to me that we’re all just aching to bring a touch of enigma into our worlds.

And friends, I can offer you just that.

What we have here is one Whirlpool Super Capacity 465 electric range, which worked admirably well – until the day it didn’t. I, being the fairly poor cook that I am, thought the oven was just rejecting my offering of garlic Texas Toast – as well it should have. I have no business trying to prepare such a sumptuous feast. But the stove continued to give the cold shoulder to my far more gastronomically skilled boyfriend, and at that point I had to face the fact that our stove was permanently on strike.

Here’s where the mystery comes in – is it the stove which is broken, or is it the electrical supply? Your guess is as good as mine. We’ll know for sure on Thursday when our new stove arrives – but wouldn’t you like to cash in on a possible steal ahead of time? Maybe stoves are easily fixed. I wouldn’t know. Our landlord has no interest in finding out, and, as we’re renting, I don’t care enough to put any energy or money into this problem. I am not, however, above trying to profit mildly from it. Clearly.

So, bring the childlike innocence and wonder back into your life today! Buy this possibly broken stove! Maybe it’ll work like a charm. It’s fairly new (I believe the landlord said 4 years), and we didn’t use it much. And it’s clean! And I’ll clean it again before you buy it! Just … you know, get it out of my house.

blammo
    Participant

gramarye
    Participant

Craigslist never fails to deliver the lulz … but wow, that was a serious bump by blammo!

LauraA

Rotweiller rug
    my sister posted this on fb. So frightening.

jennyw
    Participant

That rug is going to give me nightmares.

The person who does the Apartment Therapy Scavenger posts sent me this earlier today, it’s pretty great:
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/fuo/1328160959.html

gramarye
    Participant

That rug may be the creepiest thing I’ve seen this week.

JimSweeney
    Participant

wow. and now she’s selling it? wow.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

JimSweeney wrote >>
    wow. and now she’s selling it? wow.

Not only is she selling it, but she’s selling it for $350

lin

That rug is making me rethink my plan to turn the gerbils into glove cuffs when they go.

Hael

LauraA wrote >>
    Rotweiller rug
    my sister posted this on fb. So frightening.

i regret clicking on that. damn the internet!

jennyw
    Participant

This one is pretty great:

Rent just went up and me and my girlfriend gotta get out of here. As every renter knows of the horrors and daunting tasks associated with moving, e.g. accumulating useful items that are never used, junk, makeshift furniture, yurts and so on I am inviting you to please take a look at my junk (not anatomically or erotically speaking). Below is a list of the items I wish to rid myself of. Some being free, none being over thirty dollars, and all would look fantastic in your home because it would no longer be in mine.

th0m
    Participant

this is something of an internet trend as of late inspired by a boing boingy person and others to embellish things for sale to make them more appealing, rather than the usual cookie cutter bullshit or just plain lack of information

see:
    http://significantobjects.com/2009/07/07/miniature-bottle/

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I think Craigslist would be more successful if it automatically added “HAUNTED” to the beginning of the title of every for-sale ad.

Actually, I bet this would work for the personals, too.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>
    I think Craigslist would be more successful if it automatically added “HAUNTED” to the beginning of the title of every for-sale ad.
    Actually, I bet this would work for the personals, too.

This needs a graphic of some kind….

…dammit, it died with my old computer.

th0m
    Participant

hahahhaah that works as like a mad lib even:

HAUNTED White Honda/ HAUNTED Blonde Hair – m4w (Rte. 315 southbound)
    from craigslist | missed connections in columbus

Couldn’t help but notice you as you were driving south on HAUNTED 315 this HAUNTED morning. It was about 8:45 a.m. around the HAUNTED Henderson Road intersection. You had your HAUNTED sunglasses on. I was the HAUNTED handsome guy in the HAUNTED black SUV passing you on my way into HAUNTED work. HAUNTED, I don’t think you noticed :-(.

If you see this posting and are interested in making a new friend I’d love to hear from you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: