Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Best Thing I Ever Ate - Columbus Edition

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Best Thing I Ever Ate – Columbus Edition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author

DonnaTate

Bear wrote >>
    Jeez, where to start.
    So many of the things at Alana’s it’s hard to keep track. An octopus dish stands out… but then there’s the chicken b’stiya….
    Chicken… Potosinos.
    An Ohio cheese with chestnut honey at Rigsby’s.
    But the first thing to come to mind, oddly enough, was a pancetta-wrapped radicchio with candied onions and balsamic vinegar that I had at Basi one night. It was one of the most wonderful things I’ve eaten, just because the contrasts (bitterness from the radicchio vs sweetness from the vinegar, lightness vs heft, meatiness vs crunch) all played off each other in perfect proportion.

Bear, it seems like lately you’ve gotten into a habit of making me hungry!! Yum! :)

Wow. We need to get together and have a Gorge-a-thon smörgåsbord Pizza Prix style. Everything sounds like heaven.

Also, I never thought I would be jealous of CMHGourmand’s dog. Follow @CMHTobias on twitter. He’s killing me right now talking about Elk Ossobucco perfectly paired with garlic mashed potatoes and green chile mac and cheese. Survey says: all awesome.

Double post.

oliverb
    Participant

Pokey Stix from Gumby’s, best late night food I’ve ever had.

Tenderloin at Alana’s, best entree.

Morels at G Micheal’s, best appetizer.

(the sad thing is that the pokey stix are my favorite of those three haha)

10sun

oh man, tempted to order a Gumby pizza w/ pokey stix now!

XLD

Bear wrote >>
    I might be able to bait an occasional lurker by mentioning Jeni’s lapsang souchong with Armagnac prune….

Heh, yes I thought about posting it, but no one mentioned dead horse as a favorite, so I wasn’t sure what to do with the carcass after I was through with it.

Favorite food I’ve only imagined: Jeni’s Ardbeg Corryvreckan (scotch) ice cream.
    (aside: Bear, you’ll know what I mean soon enough)

And to contribute one that, unlike the above, actually exists and is available: the okonomiyaki at ZenCha’s brunch.

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

BCNation
    Participant

Ice Cream- Jeni’s Ice Cream (favorite flavors- Pear Riesling, Cherry Lambic)
    Pizza- Bexley Pizza Plus
    Fries- Tip Top’s Sweet Potato Fries are good
    Cupcakes- Surly Girl
    Late Night Eats- toss-up between White Castle & an oldie for me, but a goodie—> Schneider’s Donuts fresh off the press in the wee hours of the morn

KSquared

That Kitchen Little bison slider from the Apron Gala tonight!

Hot cheese chillito from Zantigo…….if only……

DavidF
    Participant

kcrissinger wrote >>
    Hot cheese chillito from Zantigo…….if only……

Ooohh. I miss those so much!

bman
    Participant

Had Jeni’s for the first time yesterday, it rates pretty high … but the best thing I have ever eaten is the burboun ribeye at Eddie Merlots.

I can’t remember the name nor did I read all the posts so it may have already been mentioned, but there is a pizza shop adjacent to the south dorms of tOSU that was delectable. They do a huge “buckeye” pizza on Tuesday or Wednesday (I can’t remember which) and no it is not catfish biffs (is that place still around?) Can someone tell me the name of the pizza shop? In my old age I forget things.

Also, as ridiculous as it is the Texas Coney at Thurmans is great.

DavidF
    Participant

Displaced Columbusite wrote >>
    I can’t remember the name nor did I read all the posts so it may have already been mentioned, but there is a pizza shop adjacent to the south dorms of tOSU that was delectable. They do a huge “buckeye” pizza on Tuesday or Wednesday (I can’t remember which) and no it is not catfish biffs (is that place still around?) Can someone tell me the name of the pizza shop? In my old age I forget things.

Is that Adriatico’s? And yes, the Coney at Thurmans is pretty awesome.

DonnaTate

DavidF wrote >>

Displaced Columbusite wrote >>

Is that Adriatico’s? And yes, the Coney at Thurmans is pretty awesome.

Why, yes, that would be Adriatico’s :) We get a Buckeye every Monday night!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: