Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Best Thing I Ever Ate - Columbus Edition

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Best Thing I Ever Ate – Columbus Edition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Oh, I forgot Josie’s Hilltop Pizza. Great stuff!

As far as heart attacks go, Pasta Salvi is one of the best artery clogging dishes I’ve had. Deep fried fettuccini alfredo topped with marinara and melted cheese…….

I really been digging Da Levee lately. Everything I’ve had so far is amazing. I’ve had the B&B, Maque Choux, and the Chili Cheese Etouffee w/ Crawfish. Can’t wait to get my hands on more!

El Arepazo is a given. Every time I eat it, it’s like falling in love again.

Even though I’ve driven by it all the time for the past 4 years. I finally stopped by Panzera’s Pizza in Grandview. Now I know why it’s been a community staple since the 1960’s. Really great red sauce, great chewy crust and I’m obsessed with their homemade pizzelles!

Cookie

Clever Crow pizza changed my life.

Bear
    Participant

Jeez, where to start.

So many of the things at Alana’s it’s hard to keep track. An octopus dish stands out… but then there’s the chicken b’stiya….

Chicken… Potosinos.

An Ohio cheese with chestnut honey at Rigsby’s.

But the first thing to come to mind, oddly enough, was a pancetta-wrapped radicchio with candied onions and balsamic vinegar that I had at Basi one night. It was one of the most wonderful things I’ve eaten, just because the contrasts (bitterness from the radicchio vs sweetness from the vinegar, lightness vs heft, meatiness vs crunch) all played off each other in perfect proportion.

KSquared

takeasiesta wrote >>
    I really been digging Da Levee lately. Everything I’ve had so far is amazing. I’ve had the B&B, Maque Choux, and the Chili Cheese Etouffee w/ Crawfish. Can’t wait to get my hands on more!

I’m about to send cr0m to Da Levee rehab soon.
    I’m just jealous because he works downtown and can walk there for lunch! :)

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

G.D. Ritzy’s milkshakes. RIP.

lizless wrote >>

Really?!? You’re going to mention the shakes, but leave out that RIDICULOUS PB&J! :D

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Forgot about the pb&j. Painfully delicious.

Best savory delicacy in Columbus is an Everything Block’s bagel topped w/ green olive cream cheese. Olive it.

enigmaco
    Participant

I would say the jonnie burger at thurmans, after having that haven’t had a burger that comes close.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

spicy thai beef salad @ bangkok.

shrimp cocktail @ the top.

shrimp and grits @ g. michaels.

any sashimi @ kihachi.

sausage pizza @ rubinos.

chicken zagoria @ happy greek.

chile relleno @ la fogata (pickerington.)

and so much more.

KSquared

Core_Models wrote >>

lizless wrote >>

Really?!? You’re going to mention the shakes, but leave out that RIDICULOUS PB&J! :D

I always loved their shoe string fries dipped in mint chocolate chip ice cream.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

+ 1 on the Rubino’s sausage. Though I have been meaning to get to that one pizza place in Grandview. What’s it called? :)

Egg sandwich on the Big Italian and the lentil soup from the Captain
    Chocolate Raised from Buckeye Donuts
    Falafel from On the Fly
    Chicken and Waffles from Kitchen Little
    Serenity Cafe on 4th had a pretty tasty corned beef sandwich last time I went, haven’t been by in a while
    Sweet Potato Fries at Tip Top

ernesto

Tortilla soup at Barcelona and tripe soup at the Latin Cafe on Hamilton and Main. I think the tortilla was a du jour so it won’t always be available.

TaraK
    Participant

It took me about .003 seconds to come up with my answer: rabbit from Deepwood. Sadly, I don’t think it’s on the menu anymore. It was cooked with some yummy berry and was the most amazing thing that my tongue has ever known.

I also love the duck gnocchi from Black Creek, and I’m with Hungry Woolf on Jeni’s Blackstrap Praline.

Bear
    Participant

I might be able to bait an occasional lurker by mentioning Jeni’s lapsang souchong with Armagnac prune….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: