Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Best Thing I Ever Ate - Columbus Edition

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Best Thing I Ever Ate – Columbus Edition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author

DonnaTate

I just went to Kitchen Little in the North Market today, and I have to say their food is wicked good.

I had cassoulet and a side of buttery, fluffy mashed potatoes (who can say no to mashed potatoes?) I’m in heaven!

Now it’s your turn to share some of your favorite food in Columbus!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Yau’s Spicy Salted Squid
    The lengua at La Michocana on Morse Rd.
    Rossi burger and fries…best burger in Columbus and my fave meal under 10 bucks
    Nida’s heart attack roll and pad thai
    Surly Girl Veggie Melt

I of course love a lot of swankier stuff around town, but those will always be my go-to faves.

DonnaTate

That’s it! Make me drool! I love, love, love food :)

Charlie

Tip Top – Eggplant Fries
    Marcella’s – Veal Meatball

kcrissinger

Green chile stew at Chile Verde
    Spicy cilantro sauce at El Arepazo (as far as condiments go)

pinkgloomy
    Participant

Yau’s curry beef stew rice noodle soup
    Taste of Bali’s rendang, jackfruit, telur balado
    Yoshi’s bara sushi
    Lavash’s spicy black bean hummus
    Crescent Bakery’s curry bread

I want to list more… but I’m afraid I’ll have to go eat something now.

Core_Models

Graffiti Burger.

OK, probably not the best thing I ever ate, but I’ve been so addicted I’ve been eating one a week while on this diet as my sole cheat food…I like it that much.

catnfiddle
    Participant

The Bianca from BONOPizza. There are other pizzas I like but I’d propose to the Bianca if I weren’t already married.

drew
    Participant

Just about anything from Kihachi. If pushed for one thing, I’d go with the uni. Or the ankimo. Or the otoro. Or… shit, like i said – just about anything.

On the completely opposite side of the cost spectrum, my current addiction is the bun thit nuong at Luc’s[/url].

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

The “vieiras” (dish of sauteed scallops served in a cream sauce of bacon, mushroom, dates and baby lima beans) at Barcelona was one of the most delicious dishes I’ve ever had.

The Carne Asada at El Arepazo (with extra cilantro sauce of course) is also heaven in my mouth.

Damn it, now I’m hungry!

DavidF
    Participant

Nam Tok from Bangkok on Refugee Rd.
    Pork belly appetizer from Sage
    Almost any of the dim sum from Sunflower (Just can’t feel the love for chicken feet).

tourist19
    Participant

Jeni’s. Everything from Jeni’s.

Talcott

tourist19 wrote >>
    Jeni’s. Everything from Jeni’s.

I was going to say that, but just figured it went without saying ;-)

I’d also add any pizza I’ve had from Bono (I try to do a different one each time and have lost track of the names).

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Here are a few of my favorite things….

Chicken barg at Jeddo Kebab[/url]
    Gringa’s at Los Guachos
    Grilled Pork chop at Luc’s[/url]
    Bibim bap at Arirang[/url]
    Bahn Mi at Mi Li
    Smoked pork chops from Thurns
    Pecan nieves at Las Delicias
    Blackstrap praline from Jeni’s
    Tempura or sushi or anything at Kihachi
    White anchovy or beet sandwich at Cafe Corner
    Amaretti cookies at Pistacia Vera
    Falafel and pita pies at Salam bakery[/url].

Mister Shifter
    Participant

My favorite items in town off the top of my head.

1. Gyro from Gyro Shoppe on Henderson Rd. Perfect everything (pita, meat, and sauce are top-notch).

2. Fajita Quesadilla from El Vaquero. HUGE, gooey cheese, grilled peppers, onions & mushrooms. I realize this restaurant can be polarizing, but I love them, and this dish has kept me coming back for years.

3. Chicken Moretti from Moretti’s on Sawmill Rd. Breaded chicken with mushrooms on awesome freshly made fettuccini noodles in a rich cream sauce. Total heart-attack food, insanely delicious.

4. Italian sub from Tommy’s Pizza or Iacono’s. Extra banana peppers, please.

5. Lamb Korma from Taj Mahal or Amul India. My favorite indian dish. Gimme some garlic naan to dip in the sauce please.

6. Anything from The Refectory. Every thing I’ve ever eaten there has completely blown my mind.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION