The Best Thing I Ever Ate - Columbus Edition
- This topic is empty.
- May 21, 2010 7:06 pm at 7:06 pm #81810
I just went to Kitchen Little in the North Market today, and I have to say their food is wicked good.
I had cassoulet and a side of buttery, fluffy mashed potatoes (who can say no to mashed potatoes?) I’m in heaven!
Now it’s your turn to share some of your favorite food in Columbus!May 21, 2010 7:11 pm at 7:11 pm #372987
Yau’s Spicy Salted Squid
The lengua at La Michocana on Morse Rd.
Rossi burger and fries…best burger in Columbus and my fave meal under 10 bucks
Nida’s heart attack roll and pad thai
Surly Girl Veggie Melt
I of course love a lot of swankier stuff around town, but those will always be my go-to faves.May 21, 2010 7:12 pm at 7:12 pm #372988
That’s it! Make me drool! I love, love, love food :)May 21, 2010 7:39 pm at 7:39 pm #372989
Tip Top – Eggplant Fries
Marcella’s – Veal MeatballMay 21, 2010 8:02 pm at 8:02 pm #372990
Green chile stew at Chile Verde
Spicy cilantro sauce at El Arepazo (as far as condiments go)May 21, 2010 8:05 pm at 8:05 pm #372991
Yau’s curry beef stew rice noodle soup
Taste of Bali’s rendang, jackfruit, telur balado
Yoshi’s bara sushi
Lavash’s spicy black bean hummus
Crescent Bakery’s curry bread
I want to list more… but I’m afraid I’ll have to go eat something now.May 21, 2010 8:18 pm at 8:18 pm #372992
OK, probably not the best thing I ever ate, but I’ve been so addicted I’ve been eating one a week while on this diet as my sole cheat food…I like it that much.May 21, 2010 8:52 pm at 8:52 pm #372993
The Bianca from BONOPizza. There are other pizzas I like but I’d propose to the Bianca if I weren’t already married.May 21, 2010 9:06 pm at 9:06 pm #372994
drewParticipantMay 21, 2010 9:25 pm at 9:25 pm #372995
The Ã¢â‚¬Å“vieirasÃ¢â‚¬Â (dish of sauteed scallops served in a cream sauce of bacon, mushroom, dates and baby lima beans) at Barcelona was one of the most delicious dishes I’ve ever had.
The Carne Asada at El Arepazo (with extra cilantro sauce of course) is also heaven in my mouth.
Damn it, now I’m hungry!May 21, 2010 9:36 pm at 9:36 pm #372996
Nam Tok from Bangkok on Refugee Rd.
Pork belly appetizer from Sage
Almost any of the dim sum from Sunflower (Just can’t feel the love for chicken feet).May 21, 2010 9:38 pm at 9:38 pm #372997
Jeni’s. Everything from Jeni’s.May 21, 2010 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm #372998
tourist19 wrote >>
Jeni’s. Everything from Jeni’s.
I was going to say that, but just figured it went without saying ;-)
I’d also add any pizza I’ve had from Bono (I try to do a different one each time and have lost track of the names).May 21, 2010 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm #372999
Here are a few of my favorite things….
Chicken barg at Jeddo Kebab[/url]
Gringa’s at Los Guachos
Grilled Pork chop at Luc’s[/url]
Bibim bap at Arirang[/url]
Bahn Mi at Mi Li
Smoked pork chops from Thurns
Pecan nieves at Las Delicias
Blackstrap praline from Jeni’s
Tempura or sushi or anything at Kihachi
White anchovy or beet sandwich at Cafe Corner
Amaretti cookies at Pistacia Vera
Falafel and pita pies at Salam bakery[/url].May 21, 2010 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm #373000
My favorite items in town off the top of my head.
1. Gyro from Gyro Shoppe on Henderson Rd. Perfect everything (pita, meat, and sauce are top-notch).
2. Fajita Quesadilla from El Vaquero. HUGE, gooey cheese, grilled peppers, onions & mushrooms. I realize this restaurant can be polarizing, but I love them, and this dish has kept me coming back for years.
3. Chicken Moretti from Moretti’s on Sawmill Rd. Breaded chicken with mushrooms on awesome freshly made fettuccini noodles in a rich cream sauce. Total heart-attack food, insanely delicious.
4. Italian sub from Tommy’s Pizza or Iacono’s. Extra banana peppers, please.
5. Lamb Korma from Taj Mahal or Amul India. My favorite indian dish. Gimme some garlic naan to dip in the sauce please.
6. Anything from The Refectory. Every thing I’ve ever eaten there has completely blown my mind.
The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.