Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Arena District Nightlife Thread

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Arena District Nightlife Thread

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This is the official Arena District Nightlife Thread. Feel free to post any comments or questions regarding nightlife in the Arena District here.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

MAGIC PARKING SPOTS

I know there’s a few, and they’re sometimes hard to come by, but does anyone want to share any secret parking tips for trying to get to the bars in the Arena District? There are garages everywhere, but who wants to pay when you can park for free.

I typically try to park over on Goodale at the meters since they’re off at 6PM, but that’s not always too easy, especially if there’s an event or hockey game at the Arena.

Any other good cheap/free spots out there? 8)

i used to park over off goodale too. until i started working at carlile, then i started parking right behind there. But I have seen towtrucks back there before. So you gotta be careful.

Goodale…make sure you get there early…9:50-10:15PM for a fairly good space.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

on NON weekend nights (Thurs-Sat) when they charge something outrageous like 20.00, you can park right behind Spice Bar for free.

dredd

The garage under Arena Crossing is $3 even on the weekends. It’s a secure lot complete with cameras. Totally worth the $3.

shmack

that’s funny, this thread also appeared on my left column “what’s happening” feed… but as a 2006 thread, not as a “just upped by dredd” thread.

re: nightlife in AD… hmm… avoid like the plague. unless espionage/om/sneak/deadmau5 are playing at spice. :wink:

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

shmack wrote re: nightlife in AD… hmm… avoid like the plague. unless espionage/om/sneak/deadmau5 are playing at spice. :wink:

I prefer your balcony as my AD nightlife location. 8)

Mercurius
    Participant

shmack wrote that’s funny, this thread also appeared on my left column “what’s happening” feed… but as a 2006 thread, not as a “just upped by dredd” thread.

re: nightlife in AD… hmm… avoid like the plague. unless espionage/om/sneak/deadmau5 are playing at spice. :wink: The CU homepage is Local Buzz is all from 2006

shmack

osulew wrote I prefer your balcony as my AD nightlife location. 8)

yoinks! i totally forgot about the super duper, ultra exclusive, uber VIP, invite only party! entertainment provided by lodge bar and lc outdoor stages. host will provide wii & basil+peach vodka. byo party favors.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yep. It’s some sort of software glitch that we haven’t pinned down yet. We’re moving forward with a new content management system very soon, as this one is full of holes that aren’t worth the time patching.

If you give it a good 30-60 seconds, the glitch goes away.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

fortunately, i don’t drive to the arena district. i just walk there and then crawl back.

somertimeoh
    Participant

dredd wrote The garage under Arena Crossing is $3 even on the weekends. It’s a secure lot complete with cameras. Totally worth the $3.

Shmack, can you confirm this camera thing? :shock: I guess after enough residents bitched and complained about our cars getting broken in to and vadalized they FINALLY did something about it. I paid an arm and a leg to park in there, it was NOT part of our rent so it was amazing to me that with all the money that company was seeing they wouldn’t patrol it better. Damn, 2 years later and I still get worked up about it :cry:

XLD

somertimeoh wrote

dredd wrote The garage under Arena Crossing is $3 even on the weekends. It’s a secure lot complete with cameras. Totally worth the $3.

Shmack, can you confirm this camera thing? :shock: I guess after enough residents bitched and complained about our cars getting broken in to and vadalized they FINALLY did something about it. I paid an arm and a leg to park in there, it was NOT part of our rent so it was amazing to me that with all the money that company was seeing they wouldn’t patrol it better. Damn, 2 years later and I still get worked up about it :cry:

I think the cameras have been there for several years. But good luck getting any use out of them if you need them. I think Nationwide actually owns the footage.

They recently took steps to secure the resident only level from pedestrian traffic. That should be more effective than cameras. But I’ve never heard about problems with break-ins or vandalism.

And Standard Parking sucks, yes. Decidedly.

shmack

^^^ thanks XLD. suuuuuuhhmmer, you KNOW i don’t even make it down past the lobby level! : o) and by “secure the resident only level,” XLD means they installed these garage door things.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE