Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The 5 WORST songs ever written

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The 5 WORST songs ever written

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

hesher

Here are some more bad songs…

“Happy Birthday” It’s got a terrible melody.

“99 Bottles of Beer” –has anyone ever sang this song all the way through?

“The Flame” by Cheap Trick. I like some of their old stuff, but that song blows.

“Badadunkadunk” It’s kind of funny, tho.

I think it’s Breaking Benjamin–the song that goes “Do you like that?” in the chorus. I just want to scream–“NO! I don’t like it! I hate it!”

Anything by nu punk, mall punk bands that are sing-songy like Blink 182, etc.

Anything by KID ROCK. I don’t get America’s love for this untalented white trash guy.

I don’t like Eminem, either. I don’t want to hear about his mom anymore. I’m not his therapist.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

hesher wrote Anything by KID ROCK. I don’t get America’s love for this untalented white trash guy.

I don’t like Eminem, either. I don’t want to hear about his mom anymore. I’m not his therapist.

lol…man, of all the “newer” music, I actually like Kid Rock and Eminem a lot ;)

Mercurius
    Participant

Coremodels wrote

hesher wrote Anything by KID ROCK. I don’t get America’s love for this untalented white trash guy.

lol…man, of all the “newer” music, I actually like Kid Rock and Eminem a lot ;)

I hate no one on earth more than Kid Rock. He epitomizes everything I stand against. Plus I hate his records. He gets on too many compilations that are ruined because of how bad he sucks. He sucks more than a Bissell!! :x

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

LOL…I don’t know what it is Merc, maybe because it reminds me of how much I loved Southern Rock like Skynard, but I dig the guy.

Mercurius
    Participant

like this from amazon

Kid Rock ?, August 6, 2007

By Craig Wentworth (Bloomfield , Ct. U.S.A.) – See all my reviews

This is a good cd . It would be a very good cd if Kid Rock didn’t absolutely suck.

1. That’s All Right Mama – Paul McCartney Listen Listen

2. Mystery Train – Jeff Beck & Chrissie Hynde Listen Listen

3. My Bucket’s Got a Hole in It – Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Listen Listen

4. Blue Suede Shoes – Johnny Hallyday Listen Listen

5. Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On – Elton John Listen Listen

6. Blue Moon of Kentucky – Tom Petty Listen Listen

7. Sitting on Top of the World – Van Morrison & Carl Perkins Listen Listen

8. Don’t Be Cruel – Brian Ferry Listen Listen

9. Red Cadillac and a Black Moustache – Bob Dylan Listen Listen

10. Walkin’ in the Rain – Eric Clapton

11. Lonely Weekend – Matchbox 20 Listen Listen

12. Who Will the Next Fool Be? – Sheryl Crow Listen Listen

13. It Wouldn’t Be the Same Without You – Chris Isaak Listen Listen

14. I Walk the Line – Live Listen Listen

15. Drinkin’ Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee – The Howling Diablos & [b]Kid Rock [/b]Listen Listen

16. You Win Again – Mandy Barnett with the Jordanaires Listen Listen

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

LOL…don’t know that song, but I like this one…The thing I always liked about Kid was that he plays with Seger and Willie and Jerry Lee Lewis and all the people that he is inspired by. I just think it’s cool to actually pay tribute to your inspirations with collaboration, which I think he does more than anyone.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxjqNsjmfc4%5D

neela

Daz wrote +1 for Hang on Sloopy. The obsession with spelling this state’s name is way out of control.

When Frank Caliendo (MadTV guy) came to Columbus he was surprised by the whole “OH” “IO” thing. I think he may have been a little peeved, because people kept shouting it and it was so random. He was awesome, just messing with the people. Saying shit like “wow, you can spell your state, good for you!”

Sadly, I must admit I like “Achy Breaky Heart.” :oops: It’s just too catchy for me! Now I’ll be singing it all night!

ChrisD28

Trixie wrote How can you hate on “American Pie”?

How can I not? If you have to ask though, I don’t think that I’ll ever be able to explain it.

That’s the thing about that song though, it’s polarizing. People either love it or hate it. If you’re a hater (like myself) there is just no logical way to explain how much you loathe it to someone who doesn’t.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

:shock:

I missed the American Pie hate…and have to say, it’s the first I’ve ever seen of it…

I have to say, musically and lyrically I can’t think of all that many better…ever..

GiRL

I die a little inside every time I hear the Electric Slide.

katieb

hesher wrote I think it’s Breaking Benjamin–the song that goes “Do you like that?” in the chorus. I just want to scream–“NO! I don’t like it! I hate it!”

that’s actually the one song that I like by Breaking Benjamin. it’s called the diary of jane. :lol:

Daz
    Participant

Coremodels wrote LOL…don’t know that song, but I like this one…The thing I always liked about Kid was that he plays with Seger and Willie and Jerry Lee Lewis and all the people that he is inspired by. I just think it’s cool to actually pay tribute to your inspirations with collaboration, which I think he does more than anyone.

Meh…

Kid rock is a RIDICULOUS caterer to the label. Just look at his first few albums for evidence of that:

[img]http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XEWMBPT5L._AA240_.jpg[/img]

I can’t find any pics of his indie rap years after that, but then he switched his whole shabang around and started doing the “I LOVE SOUTHERN ROCK!!!! I’M WHITE TRASH!!!! LOOK AT ME GOOOOOO!!!!!!”

He was a great dj, a horrific rapper, an awful singer, and has pretended to be influenced by the great southern rock artists for so long that now, he finally is.

Kid Rock irritates me.

Oh… and don’t even get me STARTED on Eminem.

shroud
    Participant

Whitney Houston – “I Will Always Love You”

– how has no one mentioned this already? My ears bleed just typing the title.

Billy Ray Cyrus – “Achy Breaky Heart”

– definite agreement

Master P & co – “Make ’em say UNHHHH”

– because nothing makes for a great jam like sounding like you need some ex-lax

MC Hammer – “Pumps & A Bump”

– Hammer goes HARDCORE BABEEE!

4 Non Blondes – “What’s Going On” (I think that’s the title)

– can that woman sing at ALL? I think maybe she was deaf. That would definitely give this one a passing grade.

shroud
    Participant

hesher wrote

*Rap past the 90’s–there used to be different varieties, and somewhat political. Now it’s all about bitches and money.

*Any new metal song that screams the lyrics. Metal bands used to SING!!

There are LOTS of counter-examples to both of these. They may not be what’s *popular*, but there’s a TON of great new metal coming out, depending on what kind of stuff you’re into – it’s just that the mallcore/nu-metal stuff is what’s popular these days.

Same goes for non-gangsta/bling rap.

*That Genesis song that was covered “Land of Confusion”. I don’t know who sings it now, but it sucks. Mostly all cover songs today blow.

Disturbed. A wah-ah-ah-ah!

*Elton John-“Candle in the wind”–I like Elton from the 70’s, but that song is overplayed and it sucks.

I actually kind of liked this song when it first came out – when it was about Marilyn Monroe.

When it got redone as a tribute to Diana and played EVERYWHERE… very lame.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.