Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The 5 WORST songs ever written

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The 5 WORST songs ever written

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

And Low is pretty great too.

hockeyfan34

My list contains any song that gets played on a TV commercial. This is where good songs go to die and bad songs hang on to torture us all, forever.

How many times do we have to hear “This is our country” by that country bumpkin John Cougar Melloncamp in those Chevy truck commercials? Or the songs in those iPod commercials. I want to strangle Bjork now. I would hang her on the same tree with the PussyCat Dolls and their song “Don’t cha’ wish your girlfriend was hot like me” that’s played on Heineken commercials. I’m sure Johnny Cash is rolling around in his grave now that his song “I’ve Been Everywhere” has been slaughtered by some cheap motel chain. :x

Maybe I need to get TIVO or DVR because I seem to have issues. Or just watch less TV! :P

Ndcent

The Umbrella song makes me want to hang myself.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’d have to say MMM Bop by Hansen. Mostly because it’s so goddam catchy after hearing it I can’t make it go away for like 4 days.

katieb

MikeReed wrote deal breaker?

not able to be friends. :lol: but as you see, I can’t help from reading the thread. and it’s ok, because most of the stuff on here, I don’t like either.

Daz
    Participant

ChrisD28 wrote

Daz wrote I know… I just love them all so… :oops: and your tastes are understandable. Marquee Moon is amazing as is Entertainment!

I can’t keep myself away from this type of conversation, so:

1. Anything by Nickelback. Generic, poprock, ridiculous… ugh… You’re fucking Creed ripoffs! And they TOTALLY SUCK! (include in that one any band that sounds remotely like them.)

2. Anything Nu-metal. Period. In fact, anything Nu-Anything. Also, a vast majority of anything *core/ ___mo.

3. Also, Pop Punk… and I mean, bubblegum pop punk, not like Dillinger 4. More like… Blink 182, Newfound Glory, Good Charlotte… that whiny “So-Cal” punk. Please fall off of the earth during the next earthquake.

4. Anything touched by Fergie (aka Stacy from Wild Orchid) …. WHY DID YOU RUIN THE BLACK EYED PEAS?!?!

I’m with you almost 100% except for with the “core” thing. This mainly has to do with the fact that I love Low and they often get tagged with the (somewhat confusing, imo) “slowcore” label.

Also, cheesy as it may sound, Minor Threat changed my life and they are most certainly hardcore.

Minor Threat, Fugazi, and Refused are why it says “Vast Majority” there.

sheyanicole

I’m going with Avril Lavigne, the epitimany of the mall/pop/bubblegum/ punk phenomenon. I just hate her soooooo much. You totally know some corporate dude told her to sport some red hair and ties over tee-shirts “cause that’s what the kids like.

On a whole other note, has anyone else noticed the Beatles music on all sorts of commercials? All You Need is Love on a Luv’s diaper commercial? Micheal Jackson must be really broke.

ches08
    Participant

sheyanicole wrote I’m going with Avril Lavigne, the epitimany of the mall/pop/bubblegum/ punk phenomenon. I just hate her soooooo much. You totally know some corporate dude told her to sport some red hair and ties over tee-shirts “cause that’s what the kids like.

On a whole other note, has anyone else noticed the Beatles music on all sorts of commercials? All You Need is Love on a Luv’s diaper commercial? Micheal Jackson must be really broke.

I am an abnormally HUGE Beatles fan…..and I don’t know why, but I hate that their songs are on commericals.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

There is only one worst song ever, and it is:

“My humps, my humps my humps my humps

My lovely lady lumps”

:evil:

Although I did like the Dylan version:

http://www.cinefilevideo.com/2007/01/24/bob-dylan-wrote-every-song-ever-made/

The Hegemo

Time to break out the 50 foot Avril Lavigne who is about to destroy “downtown” Napanee, Ontario:

Oh yeah, and:

1) “Everything I Do (I Do it for You)” Bryan Adams

2) “My Humps” Black Eyed Peas

3) “Escape (Pina Colada Song)” Rupert Holmes

4) “Proud to be an American” Lee Greenwood

5) “1985” Bowling for Soup

Honorable mention to that song from the ’90s that contained the lyrics “I like girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch/Chinese Food makes me sick” and the entire Nickelback oeuvre

Daz
    Participant

The Hegemo wrote

Honorable mention to that song from the ’90s that contained the lyrics “I like girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch/Chinese Food makes me sick” and the entire Nickelback oeuvre

Now that I read that, it reminds me… with a couple of notable exceptions (Radiohead, DJ Shadow, maybe a few others) 1996-2000 were awful years for music.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Coremodels wrote I’d have to say MMM Bop by Hansen. Mostly because it’s so goddam catchy after hearing it I can’t make it go away for like 4 days.

Oh Core, such a mind reader…that’s my #1 most hated song too. I could not believe the amount of people lined up outside the Newport when they were here last month. Awful!!

Another one that makes me cringe – that Spice Girls song, I think it was called Wannabe, or something like that. It had that line that ended in “zig a zig, ahhhh” WTF is that, lol!!

Daz
    Participant

kitoba wrote

http://www.cinefilevideo.com/2007/01/24/bob-dylan-wrote-every-song-ever-made/

That might single-handedly be on of the best things I’ve ever seen.

ChrisD28

somertimeoh wrote

Another one that makes me cringe – that Spice Girls song, I think it was called Wannabe, or something like that. It had that line that ended in “zig a zig, ahhhh” WTF is that, lol!!

Oh god, you’re right. I think I just puked a little in my mouth. How could I have forgotten about that atrocity. Given, nonsense syllables have been used in songs since the birth of the blues. But that is the most offputting example of it ever.

somertimeoh
    Participant

ChrisD28 wrote

somertimeoh wrote

Oh god, you’re right. I think I just puked a little in my mouth. How could I have forgotten about that atrocity. Given, nonsense syllables have been used in songs since the birth of the blues. But that is the most offputting example of it ever.

Oh yeah, I’m all for a good skat, but it was the way they did the “ahhhhh,” like they were on a Coke commercial or something. Their big comeback show sold out Wembley in less than a minute. Can you imagine? 90,000 crazy Brits just itching for the chance to sing “zig a zig, ahhhh” with Victoria Beckham :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: