Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The 5 WORST songs ever written

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The 5 WORST songs ever written

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author

ches08
    Participant

Since we are all haters. I thought this would be a way to get some laughs and remember old songs I had forgotten about.

What, in your opinion, are the 5 WORST songs ever written?

Mine:

1) Blue da ba di (or whatever the name is)

2) Let’s talk about me by Toby Keith

3) that banana song by Gwen Stefani

4) Beautiful Girls by Shawn Kingston

5) Anything by the Dixie Chicks

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

1. Whatever that one song is by Regina Spektor.

2. Any Grateful Dead song.

3. Any “punk” song past about 1990.

4. Any pop country song.

5. Rap songs that make me wanna not have a vagina.

Also, Top 5 Songs I Hate to Love (Very Guiltily):

1. Here I Go Again on My Own.

2. Highway to the Danger Zone.

3. Hot-Blooded.

4. Any Billy Joel.

5. Anything by Heart.

Daz
    Participant

The artist you are looking for is “Eiffel 65”

And Whitesnake should NEVER be hated on.

And The Refused’s The Shape of Punk to Come was released in the late 90s and is one of.. if not THE best hardcore album of all time.

Also, this is the type of thread that loses me any potential friends EVERY time… so this time, I’ll steer clear before I offend many.

MikeReed
    Participant

1) anything by sammy hagar

2) anything by sammy hagar

3) anything by sammy hagar

4) anything by sammy hagar

5) anything by sammy hagar

say, ches08, are you going to the CU meetup Nov 1st?

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

No, Daz, notice it was “Hate to Love” with the ‘Snake. Hate to Love!! That means, the love is there, but it’s clandestine.

Also, not a big hardcore fan, more of a Patti Smith/Television/Gang of Four/Suicide kind of punk-lover.

But these things are subjective, subjective!! There will be no friends lost on my side at least. :)

Daz
    Participant

I know… I just love them all so… :oops: and your tastes are understandable. Marquee Moon is amazing as is Entertainment!

I can’t keep myself away from this type of conversation, so:

1. Anything by Nickelback. Generic, poprock, ridiculous… ugh… You’re fucking Creed ripoffs! And they TOTALLY SUCK! (include in that one any band that sounds remotely like them.)

2. Anything Nu-metal. Period. In fact, anything Nu-Anything. Also, a vast majority of anything *core/ ___mo.

3. Also, Pop Punk… and I mean, bubblegum pop punk, not like Dillinger 4. More like… Blink 182, Newfound Glory, Good Charlotte… that whiny “So-Cal” punk. Please fall off of the earth during the next earthquake.

4. Anything touched by Fergie (aka Stacy from Wild Orchid) …. WHY DID YOU RUIN THE BLACK EYED PEAS?!?!

katieb

I have to stay out if this one, and NOT read it, because music is pretty much a deal breaker for me. :?

MikeReed
    Participant

deal breaker?

myliftkk
    Participant

I’d prefer to list the five Most Suspect, Guilty of Crimes against Music bands I love to listen to:

1. Sheep on Drugs

2. My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult

3. Lords of Acid

4. Revolting Cocks

5. Pigface

ChrisD28

Daz wrote I know… I just love them all so… :oops: and your tastes are understandable. Marquee Moon is amazing as is Entertainment!

I can’t keep myself away from this type of conversation, so:

1. Anything by Nickelback. Generic, poprock, ridiculous… ugh… You’re fucking Creed ripoffs! And they TOTALLY SUCK! (include in that one any band that sounds remotely like them.)

2. Anything Nu-metal. Period. In fact, anything Nu-Anything. Also, a vast majority of anything *core/ ___mo.

3. Also, Pop Punk… and I mean, bubblegum pop punk, not like Dillinger 4. More like… Blink 182, Newfound Glory, Good Charlotte… that whiny “So-Cal” punk. Please fall off of the earth during the next earthquake.

4. Anything touched by Fergie (aka Stacy from Wild Orchid) …. WHY DID YOU RUIN THE BLACK EYED PEAS?!?!

I’m with you almost 100% except for with the “core” thing. This mainly has to do with the fact that I love Low and they often get tagged with the (somewhat confusing, imo) “slowcore” label.

Also, cheesy as it may sound, Minor Threat changed my life and they are most certainly hardcore.

ChrisD28

Now for my lists. God, I love lists. Whomever said that music lists typically make them enemies, I’m with you on that. Unfortunately, most people that I’m friends with don’t want to talk music with me because I am too obsessed and highly opinionated on the subject. Anyway, here goes . . .

Top 10 Worst Songs

1. Escape(The Pina Colada Song) – Rupert Holmes (explanation should not be necessary)

2. American Pie – Don Maclean (everytime I hear it I am sure that this is the most painful nine minutes of my life . . . until I hear it again)

3. Butterfly – Crazy Town (reminds me of this really great barbed-wire tattoo that I almost got around my bicep in Lauderdale . . . or no)

4. Smooth – Rob Thomas & Carlos Santana (could a song be any more soulless then this turd. it’s actually offensive)

5. Soak Up The Sun – Sheryl Crow (sounds like it should be a fucking orange juice commercial)

6. Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison (it has been made infinitely worse than it actually is by the fact that it is undoubtedly the most overplayed song ever)

7. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous – Good Charlotte (the epitome of shitty mall-“punk”. makes me want to torch a Hot Topic)

8. Hotel California – The Eagles (I’m with The Dude on this one. to learn why, refer to the American Pie explanation)

9. Cheeseburger In Paradise – Jimmy Buffett (I know, I know, he’s so fun and appropriate to listen to on a patio or any other place that allows a hack with an acoustic guitar to play all of the worst songs ever while girls swoon and normally macho guys sing along as if they are actually at a great “concert”)

10. Let’s Get It Started – Black Eyed Peas (pretty much anything that Fergie is involved with could take this spot. so feel free to substitute My Hump, Fergalicious, etc.)

On a day to day basis there are 20 to 30 other songs (most of them by Creed, Nickelback, and the like) that could be on this list. However, this is what I came up with today. I think that I’m going to start another thread for Favorite/Best Songs just to prove that I am capable of being positive . . . sometimes.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

MikeReed wrote deal breaker?

She mis-typed “heart” as “deal.” I went off about Creed and Nickelback once, and I swear we had to coax her down from the roof with a frozen banana and a dowel.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

myliftkk wrote I’d prefer to list the five Most Suspect, Guilty of Crimes against Music bands I love to listen to:

5. Pigface

The only crime Pigface has committed against music is Accessory to Aggravated Rocking.

brothermarcus
    Participant

top five crimes against musical humanity:

1. the fact that vanilla ice ever existed, and didn’t go away.

2. the insane clown posse

3. the Go-Gos

4. (this is a personal thing, I understand this offends lots) Depeche Mode, New Wave, and music that sounds like a british man recording himself crying.

5. Any Rap, Rock, or Country, or other song where a man is blatantly overcompensating and talking about his new fancy truck, rims, house, trophy wife, b****, jewelry, boots, hat, addiction, or whatever…

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

myliftkk wrote I’d prefer to list the five Most Suspect, Guilty of Crimes against Music bands I love to listen to:

1. Sheep on Drugs

2. My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult

3. Lords of Acid

4. Revolting Cocks

5. Pigface

Dude, I could totally go for some Thrill Kill right now!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: