Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Teens kill College Student "For Fun"

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Teens kill College Student "For Fun"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Schoolboy
    Participant

How in the world was the Martin/Zimmerman case even brought into this thread?

Strange.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Anytime someone dies it’s a tragedy.
    Anyone someone is killed by someone else, it’s a crime.
    Anytime the murder is senseless and unmotivated, it should be the opportunity for us all to take a good long look at what’s going wrong in our society.

And any time a murder is seemingly sanctioned by the law and those who uphold it, it deserves further scrutiny.

As kit444 stated, this is an appalling and frightening incident that we should all take with utmost seriousness. But there doesn’t seem to be any possible chance that the perpetrators won’t be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Unless you’re actually suggesting that there’s a full-scale undeclared race war going on, under which people of different races are actually cheering on the murder of people with unlike skin color, the racially charged commentary in this thread seems disturbingly out of place.

myliftkk
    Participant

Schoolboy said:

Strange.

Because concern trolls…

myliftkk
    Participant

rus said:
    So long as Obama is treated the same as past Presidents then he’s not being treated differently on the basis of race.

I’m sure some hatred of Obama, as with past Presidents, is race based hatred. That doesn’t mean any and all criticism of Obama is racist, no matter how vitriolic.

We know for a fact he was/is not (and really to debate that point further is useless in a thread not about that). If you want to start a thread about how Obama is treated just as fairly as other President go ahead and do that.

Meanwhile, in a place you might actually be familiar w/, you know, Columbus, a friend of mine got shot months back in the back, in almost exactly the same “we’re just going out to shoot someone circumstances”. No media airplay about that, no concern trolling here either, and certainly no comment from a pol…

If you’re going to spend your entire day looking for outrage, you’re certainly going to find it on the web.

MRipley
    Participant

Schoolboy said:

Strange.

Yeah, really strange.

Except for the fact that the media, so called celebrities, the president, D.O.J., and others contributed to the creation of a national racial issue in the Zimmerman/Martin self defense case, even though there was no actual evidence of racial bias. Now our country is faced with a case where at least one of the accused documented his hatred of the race of the person he killed. We’ll see if the same media, so called celebrities, president, D.O.J. and others handle it similarly when the races of the accused/victim are reversed.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324165204579027210701741336.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_opinion

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

MRipley said:
    I missed the part where the killed individual was in the process of beating the shooters head into a concrete sidewalk.

The cases are only identical in that races of the attackers/victims are different. Other than that they’re not even close. Zimmerman/Martin is a jury confirmed case of self defense and media invented racism while this one is blatant stalking with a now established hate for the race of the victim by one of the attackers. It’s blatant racism. You should be appalled even without a verdict, but unsurprisingly enough, you and other Martin supporters don’t seem to be.

I don’t even know what your’e trying to prove at this point, but you make absolutely zero sense.

Maybe its because you missed the primary reason people were upset over what happened in the Martin Case. It wasn’t that George Zimmerman did what he did, it was that the police…a jury…and a large portion of the American Public thought it was O.K. that he did it.

As far as I can tell, no one believes these three murderers were justified in what they did (let alone heroes for doing it). They did something horrible, they are being treated as such, and will be old men before they see daylight again…justice served.

There’s racially motivated killings happening all the time, both white on black and black on white, that don’t merit national discussion or threads on C/U…because there isn’t an obscene miscarriage of justice at the heart of them.

Hope this helps you get a grip on this.

p.s. Also not getting its own thread, a black man robbed at shotgun point in U.A. by 3 white kids who told him he didn’t belong in Arlington…on Monday…because I assume they won’t be sent home with their shotgun in the trunk and no charges if caught.

rus
    rus
    Participant

MRipley said:
    We’ll see if the same media, so called celebrities, president, D.O.J. and others handle it similarly when the races of the accused/victim are reversed.

You already know the answer to that.

MRipley
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Maybe its because you missed the primary reason people were upset over what happened in the Martin Case. It wasn’t that George Zimmerman did what he did, it was that the police…a jury…and a large portion of the American Public thought it was O.K. that he did it.

A vocal minority being “upset” because they refuse to comprehend the facts and want to invent issues. That’s they’re problem.

I think it’s OK what he did based on the facts & circumstances as we know them. Apparently I’m in the majority.

Schoolboy
    Participant

MRipley said:
    A vocal minority being “upset” because they refuse to comprehend the facts and want to invent issues. That’s they’re problem.

I think it’s OK what he did based on the facts & circumstances as we know them. Apparently I’m in the majority.

Naw I’m going with you being in the minority on that stance.

kit444
    Participant

MRipley said:

Ah, because the evidence in that case was so cut and dried the only way to “comprehend” it differently was just to refuse to. Simple. So what does that have to do with this case again? Why is everyone supposed to respond the same way to a case that you admitted is not similar?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

kit444 said:
    Ah, because the evidence in that case was so cut and dried the only way to “comprehend” it differently was just to refuse to. Simple. So what does that have to do with this case again? Why is everyone supposed to respond the same way to a case that you admitted is not similar?

um…because…um…OBAMA!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The important thing to take away from this thread is cassowaries.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Snarf said:
    The important thing to take away from this thread is cassowaries.

Damn that thing is creepy.

bjones7
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: