Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Teens kill College Student "For Fun"

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Teens kill College Student "For Fun"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author

kit444
    Participant

rus said:
    TIL there are only two races. *eye roll*

I wrote “all” not “both”.

rus
    rus
    Participant

myliftkk said:
    Uh, wasn’t it Bush’s dad w/ the monkey bit?

Might have been him also, but the googles spit this up:

Point is vitriolic rhetoric against the President isn’t necessarily racism. It’s been around longer than 2008.

rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 said:
    I wrote “all” not “both”.

Also wrote “biracial”, so “all of the above” I took to mean “all the race categories Obama counts himself as”. Two, that I know of.

myliftkk
    Participant

rus said:
    Might have been him also, but the googles spit this up:

Point is vitriolic rhetoric against the President isn’t necessarily racism. It’s been around longer than 2008.

No, but it isn’t necessaily not racism either. And racism has been around, well, since longer than the Presidency.

kit444
    Participant

rus said:
    Also wrote “biracial”, so “all of the above” I took to mean “all the race categories Obama counts himself as”. Two, that I know of.

Bloody hell. Ok, I should have written “all of the races” so you couldn’t divert the thread again. Back to the point, Obama did touch on the high rate of black crime in that address and said it’s a problem and he understands why whites feel apprehensive. He said similar things in his address in Philadelphia five years ago. If all you got out of it was “Obama only calls about people who look like him.”, then I’m not going to convince you otherwise because I suspect that’s all you want to see.

GCrites80s
    Participant

dru said:
    no need to arm ‘roos, they have Cassowary’s

Are they poisonous? I think it’s best to assume all wildlife in Australia is for safety purposes.

rus
    rus
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    Are they poisonous? I think it’s best to assume all wildlife in Australia is for safety purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassowary

Cassowaries have a reputation for being dangerous to people and domestic animals. During World War II American and Australian troops stationed in New Guinea were warned to steer clear of them. In his book Living Birds of the World from 1958, ornithologist Thomas E. Gilliard wrote:
    “The inner or second of the three toes is fitted with a long, straight, murderous nail which can sever an arm or eviscerate an abdomen with ease. There are many records of natives being killed by this bird.”[19]

Doesn’t look like they need to be.

geoyui
    Participant

rus said:
    And Bush was a monkey, a nazi, etc.. You can’t really call all of that racism, not when it’s been applied to previous Presidents.

I agree that every president has criticisms of all types thrown their way, but you do agree that Obama has faced more racially charged criticisms than any other president? How many presidents in recent memory have had their citizenship and religion in question?

melikecheese
    Participant

rus said:
    And Bush was a monkey, a nazi, etc.. You can’t really call all of that racism, not when it’s been applied to previous Presidents.

Hey I thought everyone had to stop comparing and blaming Bush for things?

This whole story is pretty sad, whats wrong with people today, too much hate, lack of respect for other living things.

rus
    rus
    Participant

myliftkk said:
    No, but it isn’t necessaily not racism either.

So long as Obama is treated the same as past Presidents then he’s not being treated differently on the basis of race.

I’m sure some hatred of Obama, as with past Presidents, is race based hatred. That doesn’t mean any and all criticism of Obama is racist, no matter how vitriolic.

MRipley
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    If these murderers are acquitted, you’ll see me upset.

As they are being charged appropriately and will likely be convicted, I’m not seeing any failure in the justice system at the moment.

But sure, other than that…this is exactly like the Trayvon Martin incident.

I mean, except that these kids weren’t sent on their way home after the shooting.

That they were all charged with homicide.

That no one is suggesting the victim somehow brought this on himself.

That no one is sending tens of thousands of dollars to these kids’ defense funds.

I mean yeah, other than THAT stuff, they’re identical cases…

I missed the part where the killed individual was in the process of beating the shooters head into a concrete sidewalk.

The cases are only identical in that races of the attackers/victims are different. Other than that they’re not even close. Zimmerman/Martin is a jury confirmed case of self defense and media invented racism while this one is blatant stalking with a now established hate for the race of the victim by one of the attackers. It’s blatant racism. You should be appalled even without a verdict, but unsurprisingly enough, you and other Martin supporters don’t seem to be.

joev
    Participant

Agreed. Only the racist stuff is racist.

Graybeak
    Participant

rus said:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassowary

Cassowaries have a reputation for being dangerous to people and domestic animals. During World War II American and Australian troops stationed in New Guinea were warned to steer clear of them. In his book Living Birds of the World from 1958, ornithologist Thomas E. Gilliard wrote:
    “The inner or second of the three toes is fitted with a long, straight, murderous nail which can sever an arm or eviscerate an abdomen with ease. There are many records of natives being killed by this bird.”[19]

Doesn’t look like they need to be.

So, evolutionary descendant of the Velociraptor. Awesome.

kmg67
    Participant

Isn’t one of the three involved white?

kit444
    Participant

MRipley said:
    I missed the part where the killed individual was in the process of beating the shooters head into a concrete sidewalk.

The cases are only identical in that races of the attackers/victims are different. Other than that they’re not even close. Zimmerman/Martin is a jury confirmed case of self defense and media invented racism while this one is blatant stalking with a now established hate for the race of the victim by one of the attackers. It’s blatant racism. You should be appalled even without a verdict, but unsurprisingly enough, you and other Martin supporters don’t seem to be.

I’m appalled. I hope they’re prosecuted, convicted and executed. What kind of reaction are you looking for?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: