Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Teens kill College Student "For Fun"

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Teens kill College Student "For Fun"

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #549125

    lattethunder
    Participant
    #549126
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    lattethunder said:
    TIL the term “woods.”

    New one on me also. Apparently it’s been a thing for a while.

    #549127
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

    If Lane resembled Obama we could see a White House statement, oh well.

    #549128
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    Snarf said:
    If Lane resembled Obama we could see a White House statement, oh well.

    Of course, the President may also be more cautious in releasing a statement about a foreign citizen murdered in the US for diplomatic reasons as well…

    #549129
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Snarf said:
    If Lane resembled Obama we could see a White House statement, oh well.

    +1

    #549130

    myliftkk
    Participant

    rus said:
    +1

    Would you be happy if a teletyped statement came out the day after any US shooting? I’m sure that can be arranged.

    Considering it was a month before the White House addressed the Martin killing, you might want to slow down there, concern troll.

    #549131

    MRipley
    Participant

    Coremodels said:
    Of course, the President may also be more cautious in releasing a statement about a foreign citizen murdered in the US for diplomatic reasons as well…

    Yeah, sure. That’s why he’ll keep quiet.

    #549132
    rus
    rus
    Participant
    #549133
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    MRipley said:
    Yeah, sure. That’s why he’ll keep quiet.

    I don’t think he will keep quiet, but I also don’t think he’ll spit out a statement on cue when there are diplomatic concerns.

    Are you actually suggesting he’ll keep quiet because a white guy got killed by black people? If so, you’re an idiot.

    #549134
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Coremodels said:

    Are you actually suggesting he’ll keep quiet because a white guy got killed by black people? If so, you’re an idiot.

    No, he’s not an idiot at all.

    From the Time link above:

    But let’s face it: black America isn’t nearly as indignant about black boys killing one another or whites as about the occasional white cop killing one black boy, even though the former wreaks much more havoc in black communities. There is no coordinated nationwide movement equivalent to the one Martin galvanized. There are no thoughtful films “exploring” black-on-black crime the way Fruitvale Station treats the death of Oscar Grant, a young black man who was killed by transit police in Oakland, Calif.

    Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/22/viewpoint-dont-ignore-race-in-christopher-lanes-murder/#ixzz2ciGfS4HK

    To say the race of the attacker and victim have no bearing on the emotional reactions, and thus the political reactions, is to ignore the obvious, Core.

    #549135

    kit444
    Participant

    rus said:
    No, he’s not an idiot at all.

    From the Time link above:

    But let’s face it: black America isn’t nearly as indignant about black boys killing one another or whites as about the occasional white cop killing one black boy, even though the former wreaks much more havoc in black communities. There is no coordinated nationwide movement equivalent to the one Martin galvanized. There are no thoughtful films “exploring” black-on-black crime the way Fruitvale Station treats the death of Oscar Grant, a young black man who was killed by transit police in Oakland, Calif.

    Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/22/viewpoint-dont-ignore-race-in-christopher-lanes-murder/#ixzz2ciGfS4HK

    To say the race of the attacker and victim have no bearing on the emotional reactions, and thus the political reactions, is to ignore the obvious, Core.

    Which is part of what Obama spoke to in his address after the Zimmerman verdict. To suggest he’d ignore this simply because the color of the victim is different is not supported at all.

    #549136

    MRipley
    Participant

    Coremodels said:
    I don’t think he will keep quiet, but I also don’t think he’ll spit out a statement on cue when there are diplomatic concerns.

    Are you actually suggesting he’ll keep quiet because a white guy got killed by black people? If so, you’re an idiot.

    I see you’re as upset about the apparent racism & stalking associated with this incident as you were about the Zimmerman/Martin incident.

    Speaking of idiots.

    #549137

    kit444
    Participant

    MRipley said:
    I see you’re as upset about the apparent racism & stalking associated with this incident as you were about the Zimmerman/Martin incident.

    Speaking of idiots.

    Are any of the three alleged perpetrators not being prosecuted in this case?

    #549138
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    kit444 said:
    Which is part of what Obama spoke to in his address after the Zimmerman verdict. To suggest he’d ignore this simply because the color of the victim is different is not supported at all.

    Even being charitable, if the political reactions are different because of the skin tone of the victim then Obama not issuing a statement because of that is the same effect.

    Of course if Obama hadn’t involved himself in the first place this wouldn’t even be an issue.

    #549139
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    rus said:

    To say the race of the attacker and victim have no bearing on the emotional reactions, and thus the political reactions, is to ignore the obvious, Core.

    Aside from the fact that the article is simply wrong in its statements like “There are no thoughtful films “exploring” black-on-black crime”, having different emotional reactions as a nation and suggesting the President won’t speak out against this because black people killed a white guy are entirely different things.

    Suggesting that the President will issue no statement on this because it wasn’t white on black crime is ridiculous…and yes, idiotic.

    I’m quite sure a statement will come, just as Jesse Jackson’s has, only…again…with more caution because this is also a diplomatic issue. Particularly since there are already calls for Australian Tourists to boycott the US by the Deputy Prime Minister.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION