Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Teens beat WWII veteran to death

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Teens beat WWII veteran to death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Schoolboy
    Participant

kit444 said:
    You wondered yesterday how the thread on the Oklahoma killing got off on a tangent about Martin/Zimmerman? It’s taking an isolated case and extrapolating into a larger argument, whether it fits the facts or not. Like here.

My post was simply to question the true source of these types of attacks. The whole “gun” portion was a joke. As was the whole “video game” portion. How about we blame rap music? See another joke of the similiar nature.

MRipley
    Participant

kit444 said:
    It’s taking an isolated case and extrapolating into a larger argument, whether it fits the facts or not.

Of course there was none of that in the Zimmerman/Martin case.

kit444
    Participant

Schoolboy said:
    My post was simply to question the true source of these types of attacks. The whole “gun” portion was a joke. As was the whole “video game” portion. How about we blame rap music? See another joke of the similiar nature.

Joking or not, it was enough to fan the flames. Apparently every case with a black defendent will be used to prove how unfairly Zimmerman was treated by everyone who hates white people, I guess.

geoyui
    Participant

so apparently there has to be a mention of the Zimmerman/Martin case for every thread involving a homicide and race relations.

Graybeak
    Participant

I heard someone talking about this on the trai….oh wait, no I didn’t, because we don’t have trains in Columbus!

kit444
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    I heard someone talking about this on the trai….oh wait, no I didn’t, because we don’t have trains in Columbus!

We can’t risk it. They’re too dangerous.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=9015519

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

rus said:
    Attackers were black.
    Victim was white.

Gee. I wonder.

Nah, can’t be that.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/us/world-war-vet-beating-death

The male suspect has been charged with first-degree robbery and first-degree murder.

They simply chose an easy target, and probably would have happily beaten and robbed a 90 year old black man as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION