Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Teens beat WWII veteran to death

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Teens beat WWII veteran to death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

bjones7
    Participant

WOW! Less than a week after the last random death by teens. This man who was in the Pacific during WWII, was beaten by teenagers because, again they had nothing better to do! What the F****….

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/us/world-war-vet-beating-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    WOW! Less than a week after the last random death by teens. This man who was in the Pacific during WWII, was beaten by teenagers because, again they had nothing better to do! What the F****….

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/us/world-war-vet-beating-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Not to mention the local teenaged thrill-killers here in Columbus a few weeks ago.

The answer to WTF is right there in your post — “again, they had nothing better to do”.

People think I work with teenagers for altruistic reasons –I don’t. Guidance from caring adults is the only difference between a future filled with happy productive citizens and a future filled with feral, amoral thrill killers. I’ve been saying that for years.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Kids who are getting laid a lot don’t do this kind of stuff.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Hmmmmm… so who will socities leaders, politicians, and media blame for these actions?

Can’t blame the guns here.

Video games maybe? That seems to be an easy target.

Heaven forbid they actually admit to wrong doing themselves that helped lead to this. Either through the ultra violent media itself, or through our politicians/leaders essentially rewarding people with $$$ for the breakdown of the family fabric. Naw. Not their faults. Has to be video games, racism, Bush, Obama, or the Tea Party.

MRipley
    Participant

Yeah, those getting laid kids just have babies when they’re to young to raise and parent them properly. Those children eventually turn into bored teens just looking for something fun to do.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I can’t imagine being so bored I need to go out and kill the first person I see.. I think we should stop accepting boredom/nothing better to do as an actual reasoning for murder. There must be some reason why they did it. If not, they are sociopaths who would kill whether they were given a chance at after-school activities or not.

MRipley
    Participant

Schoolboy said:

So if they had used guns instead of fists do you think people would be blaming guns?

Jman4ever
    Participant

MRipley said:
    So if they had used guns instead of fists do you think people would be blaming guns?

Yes.

They are in the Okie case.

Maybe not to the extent they are here

Schoolboy
    Participant

MRipley said:

Duh.

Sure some anti gunners would look at a larger issue at the root cause, but not for the most part.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Schoolboy said:
    Duh.

Sure some anti gunners would look at a larger issue at the root cause, but not for the most part.

Truth.

geoyui
    Participant

the only people talking about guns in this thread are mostly pro-gun people.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

geoyui said:
    the only people talking about guns in this thread are mostly pro-gun people.

Truth.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Well, I mean a gun is always the ultimate solution.

rus
    rus
    Participant

NerosNeptune said:
    There must be some reason why they did it.

Attackers were black.
    Victim was white.

Gee. I wonder.

Nah, can’t be that.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/23235083/police-man-doused-with-gasoline-set-on-fire-in-vacant-lot

Belton’s daughter-in-law tells KREM-TV that the suspects beat him with flashlights.

“They used those great big heavy flashlights,” Bobbie Belton said. “The doctors said he was bleeding from all parts of his face.”

Must be the flashlights that caused this one.

kit444
    Participant

Schoolboy said:
    Hmmmmm… so who will socities leaders, politicians, and media blame for these actions?

Video games maybe? That seems to be an easy target.

Heaven forbid they actually admit to wrong doing themselves that helped lead to this. Either through the ultra violent media itself, or through our politicians/leaders essentially rewarding people with $$$ for the breakdown of the family fabric. Naw. Not their faults. Has to be video games, racism, Bush, Obama, or the Tea Party.

You wondered yesterday how the thread on the Oklahoma killing got off on a tangent about Martin/Zimmerman? It’s taking an isolated case and extrapolating into a larger argument, whether it fits the facts or not. Like here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: