Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Taxi crashes into Flaxella Cafe

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Taxi crashes into Flaxella Cafe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Well I hope everyone is OK.

I’d really like to see a road diet with 3 through lanes and curb bump outs as is planned for Mound/Fulton. That would keep things moving but be much safer and friendlier for people.

Graybeak
    Participant

wow. that seems wholly related.

misskitty
    Participant

I do hope that everyone is ok as well.
    As far as the building, I swear this building is jinxed I have heard it is a big pain in the ass. In addition, it is there looking all bland looking, I think this is a sign it should go. Instead, let us replace it with a food truck/cart pad with some power and a nice mini-park grassy awesomeness. We are going to need some slower two ways for that or a creative protective barrier. Still it would be cool

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Hope no one is too seriously injured!

aside- Great reporting in that story that it was L’Appat Patisserie & Cafe the cab crashed into.

joev
    Participant

The sign on top of the building still says L’Appat, no?

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Yeah, what’s Flaxella…

It says L’Appat Patisserie & Cafe.

Graybeak
    Participant

But, the large vinyl sign that was hanging over the windows, that the taxi drove through, said Flaxella, I thought.

joev
    Participant

I think so, too, but if the taxi drove through that, it would be hard to see…

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Hah this issue came up a year ago, too:

Flaxella Deli Downtown

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, L’Appat put their name on the building but never opened there. They opened a year ago in OTE:

L’appât Patisserie & Café Opens in Olde Towne East

Flaxella went into that space and never took down the L’Appat sign for some reason.

groundrules
    Participant

local business a smashing success

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    wow. that seems wholly related.

You think road design has nothing to do with safety?

Graybeak
    Participant

Analogue Kid said:
    You think road design has nothing to do with safety?

I think that not every thread on the entire message board needs to have a post about bicycle friendly road design.
    None of which would stop a car veering across multiple lanes of traffic, hopping the curb and crashing into a building.

OSURob
    Participant

The owner of this place is a really nice guy. I hope the insurance money he gets from this helps him buy a real sign. His coffee is awesome and prices are great. I just wish he would have it ready made and had change to break my $20 so I can park!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION