Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Taking Action on Cbus Rail

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Taking Action on Cbus Rail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

ehill27
    Participant

Has anyone considered sending a petition to COTA, City Council, the Franklin County Board of Commissioners and/or other pertinent entities?

It crossed my mind during ComFest that you could probably gathered a lot of signatures at the Fest. Anyone heard of any precedent for something like this (i.e. citizens demanding transit options)?

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Policy Matters Ohio has published a relevant report:

Expansion of investment in public transit could drive demand for heavy transportation equipment and component parts produced in Ohio, retaining jobs and growing new ones. Ohio would be in the top five states benefitting from investment in passenger rail, according to research commissioned by the Apollo Alliance and conducted at the Duke University Center on Globalization, Governance & Competitiveness. Such investment could be supported by a reprogramming of funds within the Surface Transportation Act, under consideration for reauthorization in September. The Economic Policy Institute finds that redirecting a greater share of highway funding to public transit could produce 250,000 more jobs than the status quo and help rebuild the supply base for rail component manufacture, a sector the United States once led and then lost.

kellisc

I am extremely interested in what is going on with this? Anymore meetings to be held?

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE