Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tai's Tiki coming to the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Tai's Tiki coming to the Short North

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

placebohigh
    Participant

Saw on the website to Tai’s Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar on Lane that they’re opening a new place called Tai’s Tiki in the Short North. Anyone know where this is going?

Tai’s Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

bayrea
    Participant

Signage is up..no pic

News
    Participant

Tai Tiki Polynesian Grill Opens in Fireproof Building
    May 27, 2015 3:20 pm – Rebecca Wagner

A new Short North eatery has opened at 1014 North High Street. Tai Tiki Polynesian Bar and Grill has opened next door to Pies and Pints in the Fireproof building.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/tai-tiki-polynesian-grill-opens-in-fireproof-building-rw1

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Ha that’s awesome. Big fan of Tai’s and their food. A lot of neat stuff going in that area of the Short North.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’ll take something other than another gourmet burger, pizza or taco place. Cool.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I want “upscale Shrimp pad Thai”

but seriously, looks good.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, I love burgers, pizza and tacos. It’s just nice to see some variety.

CbusOSU
    Participant

checked this out last weekend, and had a great experience. service was on par, food was good, and it has a cool vibe. The bar is small, but nice. hope it does well.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

As a fan of fruity/crazy strong-ass cocktails, I am very looking forward to checking out the drink menu.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

As a fan of fruity/crazy strong-ass cocktails, I am very looking forward to checking out the drink menu.

I’m reading between the lines.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

:P

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Tai Tiki Polynesian Bar Grill & Sushi
    July 15, 2015 10:30 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Lots of people have lots of fond memories of The Kahiki. Per the stories, it was an immersive Polynesian experience with waterfalls and birds and indoor thunderstorms. And while the days of the kitschy light shows are far behind, the menu theme has returned at Thai Tiki in the Short North.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-tai-tiki-polynesian-bar-grill-sushi-ma1

kittymc
    Participant

Finally a good tiki place–looks spacious with quality nosh.

ehill27
    Participant

I finally ran in for some takeout this week. Nice place, and the food was good. A bit more than I prefer to spend for takeout, but good quality stuff. I’ll be putting them into my rotation from time-to-time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO