Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Graffiti Crackdown in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Graffiti Crackdown in Columbus

• This topic has 503 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by SnarfSnarf.
Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)
  • Author

BuenaVista

groundrules said:
    I would like to understand your position more, as I think there is merit in aspects of street art. However, your defense of graffiti in many of these threads consists of only telling us that we’re old, we’re outsiders, we’re out of touch, we don’t get it. Well, make us get it. Make us understand if you want to defend it. A prime example- you don’t refute that there are a lot of adults or people of relative privilege who are tagging private property.

I am not clueless. I remember how you used to beef with pbj, now they are your friends? You are a clown Coreroc.

buckeyecpa
    Participant

Rob Garrison must be back from Chicago for the holiday’s. He’s been leaving his tag all around the city the last few days.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

News
    Participant

City Council approved tougher stance for graffiti removal
    Business First by Jeff Bell, Staff reporter
    Date: Monday, April 30, 2012

Help is on the way for Columbus businesses and residential property owners faced with the scourge of graffiti on their buildings. City Council approved legislation Monday night that will create a tougher graffiti removal law and use tax dollars to remove some of the blight.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2012/04/30/city-council-to-vote-on-tougher-stance.html

News
    Participant

Columbus Graffiti Sends Gang Messages With Symbols, Designs
    Thursday November 15, 2012 11:21 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Gang-related vandalism can be found spray painted in various areas of Columbus. Much of it is meant to send a message, according to experts who decode the graffiti.

“You’ve got Bloods, Crips, People Nation. You’ve got Nortenas, Sorenos. There are some Latin Kings,” explained Franklin County Sheriff Deputy Charley Brown.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/11/15/columbus-graffiti-decoder-11pm.html

the_linotypist
    Participant

We are dealing with graffiti issues in Olde North (although no graffiti from that area appeared on last night’s news). The threat of court or jail always prevented me from defacing other people’s property when I was a teen, but I wonder just how effective it would be in our situation. I often suspect bored kids from New Albany or Bexley are doing it, mimicking the gang symbols they see in the paper or on the news. If these kids are caught, deep-pocketed parents will see to it that the matter disappears.

Real gang members would not be deterred by threats of imprisonment. The possibility of getting caught adds to the thrill. In our worst neighborhoods, and in gang circles, going to jail is bar mitzvah (“Today I am a man!”) and exponentially increases the “street cred.”

News
    Participant

Italian Village Concerned About Dozens Of New Graffiti Tags
    Friday October 25, 2013 9:53 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Dozens of new graffiti markings are showing up in a Columbus community which is trying to grow. 10TV found fresh markings in the Italian Village in red, white, and some in yellow paint, which appeared on walls, dumpsters, and even concrete poles.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/10/25/columbus-italian-village-graffiti.html

RykaOne
    Participant

We have been scribbling on shit since the start of time . It’s just what some do . Could be a lot worse .

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

We have been scribbling on shit since the start of time . It’s just what some do . Could be a lot worse .

Spoken like a true toddler.

Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION