Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Graffiti Crackdown in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Graffiti Crackdown in Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

Chris Sherman wrote >>

groundrules wrote >>
    your mom called. she said to stay out of her closet when playing dress up.

you jiving at me sucka?

I think he was referring that picture of Druski wearing his grandmothers old coat.

cyclist II
    Participant

Druski, so its a Polish tagger!

The choice of generation NEXT!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhetoric/4616824975/

I don’t know if these photos are from taggers of fans of tags.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Roland wrote >>

Chris Sherman wrote >>

groundrules wrote >>

you jiving at me sucka?

I think he was referring that picture of Druski wearing his grandmothers old coat.

ha! that guy tags as Write. dru or druski or drew is andrew mccloskey.

beezy

Chris,
    I’m sorry for what happened to your builing. With a property that old, its hard to tell that its undergoing any kind of restoration, especially since its had graffiti on it for going on 20 years now. I know you’re probably gonna laugh at this, but since you own such a large area of wallspace, perhaps making a portion of it available to paint for the “good” graffiti artists would cut down on activity in your area from the “bad” ones? Just a suggestion..

cyclist II
    Participant

beezy wrote >>
    Chris,
    I’m sorry for what happened to your builing. With a property that old, its hard to tell that its undergoing any kind of restoration, especially since its had graffiti on it for going on 20 years now. I know you’re probably gonna laugh at this, but since you own such a large area of wallspace, perhaps making a portion of it available to paint for the “good” graffiti artists would cut down on activity in your area from the “bad” ones? Just a suggestion..

There’s a place already for these hoodlums, its spelled H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

beezy wrote >>
    Chris,

thats not a bad idea, i have many friends in town that do scrawl or graffiti inspired work. some have expressed interest in doing some murals on the building in the spring and summer. we are having urban scrawl 5 at the building in august. one idea was to have a group throw down a permanent mural on the building. as far as wall for people to randomly tag i think that could be problematic. i would hate to create an entrapment type situation too.

Lakee911
    Participant

Chris Sherman wrote >>

beezy wrote >>
    Chris,

thats not a bad idea, i have many friends in town that do scrawl or graffiti inspired work. some have expressed interest in doing some murals on the building in the spring and summer. we are having urban scrawl 5 at the building in august. one idea was to have a group throw down a permanent mural on the building. as far as wall for people to randomly tag i think that could be problematic. i would hate to create an entrapment type situation too.

I don’t think it would be entrapment if the bad taggers could do it there freely. Provide a dedicated sspace, proper trash receptacle and hidden surveillance…I would love to find out who shows. Footage would be handy for catching them in the act there and making convictions elsewhere.

beezy

I appreciate your open-mindedness. An entrapment scenario would not be created since a vandal has to be caught in the act of VANDALISM for the authorities to assign a specific tag to that person. If you created a legal setting on your own property, depending on wehther or not its visable from the street, people could paint there without fear of legal reprecussion. The gentleman whom you are reffering to as “write” is a personal friend of mine, and has stated to me that all of his tags done on the EXTERIOR of your property were done in late 2008, except the one on the corner by the mural. He has expressed remorse for what he did on the inside of your building, and is inquisitive as to what can be done to be on pleasant terms with you, especially if you are open to the idea of creating a legal mural area, since he is a talented artist and often lacks the opportunity to paint his pieces legally.

beezy

I appreciate your open-mindedness. An entrapment scenario would not be created since a vandal has to be caught in the act of VANDALISM for the authorities to assign a specific tag to that person. If you created a legal setting on your own property, depending on wehther or not its visable from the street, people could paint there without fear of legal reprecussion. The gentleman whom you are reffering to as “write” is a personal friend of mine, and has stated to me that all of his tags done on the EXTERIOR of your property were done in late 2008, except the one on the corner by the mural. He has expressed remorse for what he did on the inside of your building, and is inquisitive as to what can be done to be on pleasant terms with you, especially if you are open to the idea of creating a legal mural area, since he is a talented artist and often lacks the opportunity to paint his pieces legally.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

beezy the best thing for him and anyone is to simply stay away from my buildings. the damage caused to the interior has put my schedule back 3 days costing me time and material. i feel that i have been disrespected. the projects across the street where people live has been disrespected. we have several mutual friends as i have found out over the past several days. one i have known for over 18 years. i provided beer,food and music and my place got trashed. im glad he feels remorseful for the interior, just wish he felt the same way about the exterior. that’s the most time consuming to clean.

im not interested in providing a wall for people to come tag at any time. we have tenants in the building and have a relationship with the city and community. i dont think allowing PBJ or other taggers to use the place as a haven is in my interest or the communities. again the best advice i can give them is to stay away.

cyclist II
    Participant

beezy wrote >>

Dick Blick, Utrecht, and Hobby Lobby all sell canvas and materials to paint on. http://www.dickblick.com/categories/canvas/

He can also go to any building supply place and buy materials to build his own wall and paint art all he wants. http://www.columbuscoal.com/

groundrules
    Participant

Roland wrote >>

Chris Sherman wrote >>

groundrules wrote >>

you jiving at me sucka?

yeah, sorry, Sherm slipped a post in there between mine and the photo link. should quoted to avoid confusion.

Beezy wroteWith a property that old, its hard to tell that its undergoing any kind of restoration

Let’s not pass this off as a case of ‘oops, didn’t know this wasn’t abandoned’ mis-identity. This happened while there were people using the building. C’mon.

Cookie

beezy wrote >>

I am so sick of this “give them their own wall” argument. What is it supposed to accomplish? I’ve mentioned before that there’s a garage in my neighborhood with an open invitation for people to paint graffiti on it. It doesn’t have any affect on the constant tagging in even the immediate vicinity.

EmZeeGee

Shall I put a few items I don’t care so much about on my front porch, so that people might “steal” those and not take things from my house?

WTFingF?!

How about not painting on stuff that isn’t yours?

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Ok “beezy” tell your very sorry friend who feels just terrible he/she can fix this very simply:

Step 1: Go to any Lowes or Home Depot
    Step 2: Purchase some cement, one shovel and several pallets of blocks
    Step 3: Go to his home and build his canvas (or grandmammy’s, parents, lovers, favorite homie, etc…)
    Step 4: Create his masterpiece
    Step 5: Paint over, and repeat

Voila, problem solved! Now mail me my $25K consulting fee. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.