Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Taco Bell

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I was so tempted to stop in while driving by this morning. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

So I tried the breakfast when it rolled out Tuesday morning.

I have a Taco Bell right at the entrance/exit of my neighborhood. I also knew that I wasn’t going to have time to do lunch in the afternoon with my work schedule that day. I figured, “why not?”

I ordered one of the Crunch Wrap AM’s and a standard sausage breakfast burrito. The total was around $4.50, for a lot of food.

The Crunch Wrap seems to be getting the most praise from reviews, so I ate that first. It was really good. The scrambled eggs inside actually tasted very good, along with the sausage patty and hash browns. If you’ve ever had a Tim Hortons hash brown, you know they can be gnarly if not done right. Even though it had a little bit of a Chipotle sauce inside, it didn’t seem to be enough, but hot sauce helped, although I put hot sauce on nearly everything. Also, easy to eat ant not messy or greasy. Overall I would recommend it to anyone if you’re in a pinch and need to do fast breakfast. Surprisingly decent.

The standard sausage breakfast burrito was quite larger than the offering that’s been at McDonalds for quite some time. I got sausage, but you can also get steak or bacon. It was full of fluffy (good) scrambled eggs, but I felt it could’ve used more diced onion & peppers to give it more flavor. Good value for size/price ratio. Solid, but not outstanding.

I didn’t try the taco waffle thing, as I’m not a syrup/eggs/waffle-combined fan.

I might try another item or two on another day, but I try not to eat too much fast food. Looks like a solid menu though, and should do pretty well for people who grab breakfast in a hurry.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I put hot sauce on nearly everything.

A man after my own heart.

The new TB at Henderson/Kenny is close to opening.

DavidF
    Participant

I tried the crunch wrap as well. I was pretty impressed with it. Definitely a notch above most of the fast food breakfast offerings out there. I also got two of the Cinnabon balls and they were extremely tasty. Kinda like donut holes with frosting in the middle.

I’ll get it again.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Does anyone have a list or anecdotal observations of which Taco Bells have the breakfast?

GCrites80s
    Participant

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKAcOawiaNk%5D

Any one of those men who are under 45 need to kick their folks’ asses. Might as well have named them Sue.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Does anyone have a list or anecdotal observations of which Taco Bells have the breakfast?

I was under the impression all locations would serve breakfast.

countessbranca
    Participant

Used to be a Taco Bell: http://usedtobetacobell.com/

GCrites80s
    Participant

That’s like a specialized version of that old site Not Fooling Anybody. One of the best Not Fooling Anybody parts of town is on Livingston between 270 and Brice Road.

geoyui
    Participant

Achekov
    Participant

I wish Wendy’s had thought of this. I kept wanting to try their breakfasts but none of the Wendy’s I ever went by offered breakfast.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mister Shifter wrote:</div>

I wish Wendy’s had thought of this. I kept wanting to try their breakfasts but none of the Wendy’s I ever went by offered breakfast.

The Wendy’s breakfast was REALLY good. I was genuinely bummed when they stopped. I had a location near my commute to work (Bethel Rd).

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

The Wendy’s breakfast was REALLY good. I was genuinely bummed when they stopped. I had a location near my commute to work (Bethel Rd).

I used to eat Wendy’s breakfast when they still had the Wendy’s at the airport. I don’t think it was the same breakfast that they brought back just recently, but it was pretty decent. The security lines ruined that good thing, no one wants to dawdle outside of the security line, they want to get through that first and then figure out what to eat.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mister Shifter wrote:</div>

I used to eat Wendy’s breakfast when they still had the Wendy’s at the airport. I don’t think it was the same breakfast that they brought back just recently, but it was pretty decent. The security lines ruined that good thing, no one wants to dawdle outside of the security line, they want to get through that first and then figure out what to eat.

Not the same as what was served at the airport.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 175 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION