Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Taco al Pastor in Worthington

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Taco al Pastor in Worthington

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

somertimeoh
    Participant

Mmmm, yes, lots of radishes! I loooove radishes, but I feel like most places kinda skimp on them. Who was it that was shocked that I broke mine in half and ate them on the taco? I don’t remember, but I do recall thinking, “WTF? Am I doing this wrong? What else can you do with the radishes that I don’t know about?!?”

e-roc

they have a lot more toppings, i’ll try to get a pic of them next time

e-roc

Went back today and the owner gave us large samples of his new salsas with hot homemade chips… didn’t take pics of it all cause we were like vultures on that stuff. We tried one made only out of habanero [no tomatoes at all] and a creamy green salsa made of jalapenos… much more interesting flavor than traditional chile verde made of tomatillos [they have they too, yum!].

The corn dish is the “Elotes” featured in the specials on the wall: corn cut fresh off the cob, fresh cheese, spices, and a lime. He then gave us some cheese dip [white gold!] to pour on top.

Wish the toppings pic was better, but it was busy and I could only jump behind the counter for a second. Owner kept saying “these are not ALL the toppings! We have so many more!”

wizard

Al Pastor is the Mexican version of Lebanese Shawarma. Hence the “gyro” I assume…
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_pastor

Can’t wait to try this place.

somertimeoh
    Participant

I need this TONIGHT. I think hot sauce is exactly what I need to open up my sinuses. Anyone want to join?!?

KSquared

somertimeoh wrote >>
    I need this TONIGHT. I think hot sauce is exactly what I need to open up my sinuses. Anyone want to join?!?

I would be in if it’s early enough.

HeySquare
    Participant

I would go.

KSquared

HeySquare wrote >>
    I would go.

Awesome!! Does 6 work for you? I am old and like to eat early.

I wonder if the al pastor is as good as that taco truck Los Guachos – someone please let me know!

HeySquare
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>

HeySquare wrote >>
    I would go.

Awesome!! Does 6 work for you? I am old and like to eat early.

If you don’t mind me being a few minutes late… :) I defer to Somer though, since she started this mess.

KSquared

E-Roc, thanks for the tip! The tacos were really good (the al Pastor was my favorite) salsa was fresh and delicious and the owner(?) was really super nice. I will definitely be back. Great value.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I had the pleasure of lunching here with Hungrywoolf a few weeks ago. We ordered the roasted jalapenos and grilled cactus, I put them both in my tacos. The jalapenos were painfully hot and I loved every bite!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Love this place..and the best cigar shop in the city is across the street for your after smoke. :)

Aunt Madge

This isn’t one of those marghuerita lime colored taco trailers is it? I didn’t think Worthington would allow anything like that.

e-roc

No prob, glad you guys are checkin it out. I really want this place to be successful so I am not limited to going to Henderson Rd for my Cuco’s fix.

Now, to get this guy to open up closer to downtown! Know of any good spots?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE