Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sysco closing Columbus plant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Sysco closing Columbus plant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Business First of Columbus – by Matt Burns

Monday, April 26, 2010

Food service industry distributor Sysco Corp. is tightening its delivery network in Ohio and Michigan, a move that will mean lights out for the company’s west Columbus office in two months.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2010/04/26/daily6.html

Andrew Hall

Walker wrote >>
    Business First of Columbus – by Matt Burns
    Monday, April 26, 2010
    Food service industry distributor Sysco Corp. is tightening its delivery network in Ohio and Michigan, a move that will mean lights out for the company’s west Columbus office in two months.
    READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2010/04/26/daily6.html

A lot of restaurants’ food just got a little less local.

A.

shmack

Just looked up some info on (privately held) GFS just because I see their trucks in the Short North area far more often than Sysco’s. From the looks of this map, the closest distribution center is in Springfield, and that it alone services most of Ohio. As a public company, looks like Sysco could stand to be a little leaner (but I guess it depends on its marketshare).

Bear
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A lot of restaurants’ food just got a little less local.
    A.

Exactly my thought. Wonder whether any other enterprising distributors will pick up the slack?

lisathewaitress
    Participant

Actually it looks as though Sysco will still continue to distribute in Columbus, just not through a Columbus facility.

joev
    Participant

This is totally off topic, but I never hear Sysco without thinking of Sisqo’s Shakedown on MTV, circa 2000.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE