Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Swat team blocked off Fourth St at East 8th Ave yesterday

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Swat team blocked off Fourth St at East 8th Ave yesterday

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

mrpoppinzs

I was driving through WP yesterday and all hell was breaking loose. I was not sure what the commotion was about but it appears to have been some guy let loose 9 rounds into his next door neighbor’s apartment, then barricaded himself in the adjoining unit. The swat team was called and they locked down WP elementary. Fortunately, no one was injured. I am not sure what it is about that corner, but it has always been a trouble magnet. Eliminating the D&J carryout probably would go a long way in helping out.

Here is the news story:

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/mar/19/8/4th-street-closed-due-police-situation-ar-970869/

labi
    Participant

It had nothing to do with the D&J. Word from neighbors is that it started with a fight on the east side of North Fourth, then a relative/friend of one of the participants let off a few from his porch to try to end the fight by scaring everyone off. No one injured in any way.

Ever since the city security camera went in, there’s been little to no hanging out around any corner of N. 4th & E. 8th, including the area around the D&J.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

From NBC4i:

A Columbus man has been arrested after a short standoff with SWAT officers on the city’s [b]North Side[/b].

Really? Ugh.

cheap

labi said:
    a relative/friend of one of the participants let off a few from his porch to try to end the fight by scaring everyone off. No one injured in any way.

yeah,no biggie.

i do that when people step on my grass.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Walker said:
    From NBC4i:

A Columbus man has been arrested after a short standoff with SWAT officers on the city’s [b]North Side[/b].

Really? Ugh.

so obnoxious, right. pity these journalists need remedial geography classes.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Snarf said:
    so obnoxious, right. pity these journalists need remedial geography classes.

I imagine it’s more of an issue with updating an overly simplistic local writing style guide from the 1950s, which local editors use for consistency.

labi
    Participant

cheap said:
    yeah,no biggie.

i do that when people step on my grass.

The last time someone was shot here, it was cops gunning down a guy in a hail of bullets right next to youth football practice. Forgive me for seeing a difference. In these days of everyone needing a gun to “protect” themselves, I’m glad whenever shots fired don’t end up in a catastrophe.

cbus11

That block has been a problem for awhile.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/jul/19/2/victims-shot-while-sitting-front-porch-ar-622707/

I believe the incident with the young man that Labi mentions was triggered by him pulling a gun and firing on police. If he thought he was protecting himself by having the gun and aiming it at police then there is a large problem indeed.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/08/02/police-kill-man-they-say-he-shot-first.html

labi
    Participant

cbus11 said:
    I believe the incident with the young man was triggered by him pulling a gun on police. If he thought he was protecting himself by having the gun and aiming it at police than there is a larger problem.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/08/02/police-kill-man-they-say-he-shot-first.html

I’m not sure it’s worth revisiting all the details of the police shooting, but if I implied that the police were unjustified in firing on the guy, I didn’t intend to. Obviously no one should run toward a police officer while holding up a gun.

cheap

labi said:
    Obviously no one should run toward a police officer while holding up a gun.

back in the early 90’s,there was a carryout on 7th just east of High run by some oriental folks.

they got robbed,and the woman comes running out with a pistol just when the cop pulls up.

i was walking on the sidewalk right behind the cop,and he almost plugged her.there were little kids everywhere,so he just yelled at her,and she ran back in the store.

the cops would take these people to the bank to make their deposits,that was a trip.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

cheap said:
    back in the early 90’s,there was a carryout on 7th just east of High run by some oriental folks.

…grandma?

Twixlen
    Participant

cheap said:
    back in the early 90’s,there was a carryout on 7th just east of High run by some Asian folks.

*sigh* FTFY

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Twixlen said:
    *sigh* FTFY

He was referring to their flavor, not their ethnicity!

cheap

Twixlen said:
    *sigh* FTFY

you remind me of the girl at starbucks

when i ask for a large coffee,she says venti.

just give me the damn coffee,guido

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

cheap said:
    you remind me of the girl at starbucks

when i ask for a large coffee,she says venti.

just give me the damn coffee,guido

Its really not the same thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: