Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Suspicious Behavior repeated around First & N. High past two evenings

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Suspicious Behavior repeated around First & N. High past two evenings

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Analogue Kid
    Participant

^ more Monday morning quarterbacking. If you weren’t there with your life possibly on the line and adrenalin running through your veins, don’t judge what others did to react. They survived and that’s most important.

Don’t think that just because you’ve never been a victim that you’re some special flower. You’re either a. Lucky or b. Don’t get out much. Bad things can happen to good people who do everything right.

ImNotaStar
    Participant

If I walk through the projects at 2am with $20,000 in jewelry on and I get robbed would you blame me?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Pivotal post for the Short North imo… It seems like only yesterday that it was more of a rarity to not see something suspicious. The improvement is remarkable but that definitely doesn’t help setting an expectation for residents who may not be prepared for an incident or weren’t around for the rougher days of the neighborhood.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

^ more Monday morning quarterbacking. If you weren’t there with your life possibly on the line and adrenalin running through your veins, don’t judge what others did to react. They survived and that’s most important.

Don’t think that just because you’ve never been a victim that you’re some special flower. You’re either a. Lucky or b. Don’t get out much. Bad things can happen to good people who do everything right.

Remember co-signing? Co-signed.^

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Very curious if both incidents involved a person wearing glasses? One statement says glasses. there is a vagrant with a violent history that has tormented and assaulted at will it that exact area for years. Matches the first description in action and appearance.

Update (sorta)

Leslie Fine from Victorian Village

For years there has been a man named Tim who has caused trouble in the short north area. He Is a clean cut African-American man on the tall and slender side wearing wire rimmed glasses. He’s often carrying a backpack, and he’s usually dressed neatly. Some of these descriptions sound like it may be him. He Disappears from the area for a while, and then he returns. He has been known to be aggressive, though he can be quite nice. We have reported him to the police before. Don’t know if it’s the same guy doing some of these things, but if it is, please be careful.

Now return to your victim shaming.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cbussmallbiz wrote:</div>
    Very curious if both incidents involved a person wearing glasses? One statement says glasses. there is a vagrant with a violent history that has tormented and assaulted at will it that exact area for years. Matches the first description in action and appearance.

Update (sorta)

Leslie Fine from Victorian Village

For years there has been a man named Tim who has caused trouble in the short north area. He Is a clean cut African-American man on the tall and slender side wearing wire rimmed glasses. He’s often carrying a backpack, and he’s usually dressed neatly. Some of these descriptions sound like it may be him. He Disappears from the area for a while, and then he returns. He has been known to be aggressive, though he can be quite nice. We have reported him to the police before. Don’t know if it’s the same guy doing some of these things, but if it is, please be careful.

Now return to your victim shaming.

So Tim is the person who I referred to. He disappears when he is in jail. He assaulted me (charges reduced as always) threatenEd over and over to sexually assault my toddler. There is a Columbus free press article about the secret do not respond list for police dispatchers that he was on.
    https://www.justmugshots.com/ohio/columbus/1095609#criminal_history

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Good assumption on that one…

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

The guys a couple houses down from my old place on 1st made the mistake of letting Tim sleep on their porch furniture. I think they may have given him some odd jobs too. After that he kinda made 1st Ave. his home. He always seemed like a nice guy to me, when he wasn’t walking down the sidewalk having angry conversations with himself. Then he repeatedly threatened the pregnant lady across the street with assault. The police responded to THOSE events, to keep her husband from assaulting HIM.

Once you or your address are on his radar – good or bad – be ready for regular encounters. He’s clearly got mental health issues, and should be politely avoided by anyone opposed to the possibility of a pleasant panhandling suddenly turning into a shoving match.

Anybody have a link to articles about when the state shut down the asylums in the ’90s and dropped the patients off downtown?

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

The guys a couple houses down from my old place on 1st made the mistake of letting Tim sleep on their porch furniture. I think they may have given him some odd jobs too. After that he kinda made 1st Ave. his home. He always seemed like a nice guy to me, when he wasn’t walking down the sidewalk having angry conversations with himself. Then he repeatedly threatened the pregnant lady across the street with assault. The police responded to THOSE events, to keep her husband from assaulting HIM.

Once you or your address are on his radar – good or bad – be ready for regular encounters. He’s clearly got mental health issues, and should be politely avoided by anyone opposed to the possibility of a pleasant panhandling suddenly turning into a shoving match.

Anybody have a link to articles about when the state shut down the asylums in the ’90s and dropped the patients off downtown?

Josh
    You are right about the mental health.
    You are wrong about the incident with pregnant lady. Assault charges were filed against him in that instance.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Sounds like Tim’s organs should be harvested for people with value.

wpcc88
    Participant

I was wondering if he was still around. I lived with 4 females on Wilber in 06-07 and he was a commoner on that street as well. He threatened one of them so I threatened him, he kindly repaid me by breaking into my car and two others at our house. Let it be known that before that all happened I gave him a winter jacket and gloves that otherwise would’ve ended up at Salvation or Goodwill. I had always assumed he lived in the halfway house on Denison.

drew
    Participant

Tim’s been a fixture of Victorian Village for at least 7 years. The church on 2nd & Highland used to take him in and try to help him until his repeated outbursts and threatening behavior exceeded their threshold. He’s a weird one – clean cut and well mannered one minute, and absolutely nuts the next. He’s generally been easy enough for me to avoid, but I’ve seen him corner pedestrians, give his best pitch for some help (it really is good), and then just absolutely flip the hell out once rebuffed. Haven’t seen him become violent, but it wouldn’t surprise me given his level of agitation.

I haven’t a clue as to what to do about it, but it’s been an ongoing problem.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

I was wondering if he was still around. I lived with 4 females on Wilber in 06-07 and he was a commoner on that street as well. He threatened one of them so I threatened him, he kindly repaid me by breaking into my car and two others at our house. Let it be known that before that all happened I gave him a winter jacket and gloves that otherwise would’ve ended up at Salvation or Goodwill. I had always assumed he lived in the halfway house on Denison.

Please note that winter clothes is also where 8 years of harassment started for my family. It sucks because it causes people to not want to help anyone.

TunedUpRyan
    Participant

Is it THAT unreasonable that those advising how not to be an easy target are NOT deliberately trying to shame, or that those who post this news aren’t being daft, but merely trying to inform? I think there’s value in this post and in discussing how to make oneself less vulnerable.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

dude, stop being reasonable, white people are funny.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: