Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Surly Girl Closing This Month

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Surly Girl Closing This Month

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author

bayrea
    Participant

I think the people behind Gaswerks need to expand into this space.

truthbetold
    truthbetold
    Participant

Did anyone see the Liz Lessner float in the Doo Dah parade? Ouch! Who’s idea was that?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Did anyone see the Liz Lessner float in the Doo Dah parade? Ouch! Who’s idea was that?

I did this

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Show me on the doll where Liz touched you.

ohbr
    Participant

It gave me a good chuckle.

On a semi related note, the CFL webpage still lists all of ‘Liz’s Lemons’ as restaurants they operate. I believe it leaves off the Torpedo Room and Chintz Room. May be time for a refresh on the website?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

You know, Liz is a friend, but even if she wasn’t this pile on routine is pretty ugly. You may not like her activism, you may not like her restaurants, but from Gay St. to High St. she opened popular restaurants in places other people weren’t. She’s been a community leader, her mother has run a business in the Short North longer than some of you have been alive, and she’s never had anything but good intentions for the city, her customers, her employees, and people in general. If I remember correctly, she was one of the VERY few restaurants offering full benefits to her staff, a minimum wage higher than minimum wage, and has actually helped a lot of people around town.

You want to call out Liz for something she did to you personally, call Liz. You don’t like her version of social justice fight, take it up with her. At the end of the day though, you’re just some anonymous poster on a website bitching about someone and thinking you’re clever for it. It is a very small thing to do in opposition to someone who at least tried to think and act big.

swansonguy
    Participant

Well Said Coremodels!

You know, Liz is a friend, but even if she wasn’t this pile on routine is pretty ugly. You may not like her activism, you may not like her restaurants, but from Gay St. to High St. she opened popular restaurants in places other people weren’t. She’s been a community leader, her mother has run a business in the Short North longer than some of you have been alive, and she’s never had anything but good intentions for the city, her customers, her employees, and people in general. If I remember correctly, she was one of the VERY few restaurants offering full benefits to her staff, a minimum wage higher than minimum wage, and has actually helped a lot of people around town.
    You want to call out Liz for something she did to you personally, call Liz. You don’t like her version of social justice fight, take it up with her. At the end of the day though, you’re just some anonymous poster on a website bitching about someone and thinking you’re clever for it. It is a very small thing to do in opposition to someone who at least tried to think and act big.

truthbetold
    truthbetold
    Participant

Got it Core. So someone that opened a few bars and restaurants, half of which are shuttered should be given a pass by the people she did not treat professionally.

By the way, since you’ve been served a few times, what do you think about her running off to Oklahoma so that the plaintiffs can’t officially put papers in front of her?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Got it Core. So someone that opened a few bars and restaurants, half of which are shuttered should be given a pass by the people she did not treat professionally.

By the way, since you’ve been served a few times, what do you think about her running off to Oklahoma so that the plaintiffs can’t officially put papers in front of her?

I’m dying to know what your personal gripe is with Liz. Please, enlighten us. Your realize at this point, no one is taking you seriously as you approach 20 posts on a single topic, right? I mean, at this point I’d have to think Liz banged your dude or something…because this level of bitter is usually reserved for true stalker level nutjobs.

Are you just that lonely? You need a hug?

ohbr
    Participant

because this level of bitter is usually reserved for true stalker level nutjobs.

Oh, btw…you weren’t that cute when you dated Zach, you haven’t gotten better with age.

Ironic, No?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

No, not particularly. Are you sure you know what “ironic” means?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

she did not treat professionally.

Please, tell us more. As it is, you claimed to have some off hand knowledge of her business but hadn’t actually been wronged. I’m shocked to learn there may be more to the story…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

because this level of bitter is usually reserved for true stalker level nutjobs.

Oh, btw…you weren’t that cute when you dated Zach, you haven’t gotten better with age.

Ironic, No?

BTW, I edited my post before you even quoted it because I didn’t want to make this a persoal attack where I dig into someone’s life. Wonder why you don’t share the same sentiment?

ohbr
    Participant

I didn’t make a personal attack into someone’s life. Simply pointing out the irony. Unfortunately forums don’t delete edits in realtime so I didn’t see you second thoughts. But if you want to turn it into how I’m a bad person for it, so be it. I’ll gladly take that fall.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION