Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Surge Soda is back!!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Surge Soda is back!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bjones7
    Participant

Cue highly caffeinated man–>Ahh!! SURGE!! SO GREAT!….ok I’m done, but seriously. Surge is back from the dead, at least for now. This highly caffeinated MT. Dew like soft drink is back and right now sold via Amazon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2014/09/15/surge-available-on-amazon/15665317/

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

How does it compare to today’s crazy lineup of energy drinks? With Red Bull, Monster and a million knockoffs dominating that market, does something like Surge (or Jolt? or Bawls?) have any relevance today outside of nostalgia/novelty?

Ben
    Participant

How does it compare to today’s crazy lineup of energy drinks?

It’s more closely related to Mountain Dew than full on energy drinks. Dew seems to be holding its own alright… there are like half a dozen varieties of it, which indicates to me there’s room in that market. I’m looking forward to the chance to switch back to Surge if it becomes available in vending machines.

bjones7
    Participant

Agreed. It’s the Coke version of MT Dew. I believe it will just be more of a novelty item that was brought back for the people who have voiced their opinion. Surge does not compare to Red Bull or any “energy drink”. It’s more like if caffeine from Coke is not doing the job but you don’t want to be cranked on Red Bull. If Coke believes Surge will just be able to come back on its own, then they are wrong. So many options for caffeine now in days. If they were smart and wanted it to be more then a amazon novelty item, they would start putting it in their soda fountain line up. Also provide more options, like cherry surge,etc,etc… I’m sure they know this.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I thought Mello Yellow was Coke’s Mt. Dew? ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: