Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Super Smash Bros WiiU

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games Super Smash Bros WiiU

This topic contains 32 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Pre ordered on the Nintendo eShop and downloaded the 15gbs of data. Now just waiting on the release :D

I’ll be having a few people over to get a 4 or 5 player game going. My place isn’t big enough for 8 people hah.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Good gravy it comes out tomorrow.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Can’t wait! :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I gotta say… this game has some pretty fantastic music. Over 400 songs in the soundtrack, new, old and remixed. Still discovering new “old” favorites that take me back… ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Walker, how ya holding up? I have yet to go online with the game yet. I still feel like I need more practice. Having a blast playing though. My main is Mega Man.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker, how ya holding up? I have yet to go online with the game yet. I still feel like I need more practice. Having a blast playing though. My main is Mega Man.

I’m a big fan of my custom Mii Fighter. I’m a hand-to-hand combat guy with custom moves set to strength and kick-attacks.

Otherwise, I’ve mostly been hitting random just to keep it interesting.

I’ve played a little online just to see how the match making works. Got stomped a few times and won a few times. With 2 minute timed matches though, it’s kind of odd because the final score always ends up being something like 2 to 1 to 0 to -2. Never high-scoring.

Lots of modes still left to try though!

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Yeah 2 minutes is too quick. Is that the only time limit in online smash?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah 2 minutes is too quick. Is that the only time limit in online smash?

No idea. I played the “For Fun” version for 5 or 6 rounds. There’s a couple of other types of online play that I haven’t attempted yet.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ben
    Participant

15 new levels!

http://www.joystiq.com/2015/01/29/super-smash-bros-wii-u-update-opens-15-new-8-player-levels/

Nope, no new stages, this just makes more existing ones available in 8-player mode. Still kind of cool because 8 player Smash is my new favorite way to play.

No idea why they call some of the levels by a different name, maybe this is for the European version?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, weird. Kinda confusing.

Still cool news though. We play 8-player smash a lot, even when it’s just 3 of us and 5 bots. ;)

Zyro
    Participant

Pretty much played this game to death and continue to do so :p

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mewto & Lucas return!

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I keep saying it but I gotta get back into this lol. It’s usually Mario Kart 8 online when I fire up my Wii U now.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Anybody here crazy enough to collect the amiibo that go with this game and others? It’s a crooked path fraught with peril. I’m not doing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO